Sign in to follow this  
yurinedisov

FSL Spotlights - anyone tried them yet?

Please send me a PM here with your email account so I can check. There are one or two members who are stuck in "Validating" mode because they have mis-configured their ISP's spam settings to block everything (even our attempts to mail directly were returned undeliverable).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

If I set a spotlight how do I switch it on and off from the VC? Also if I set several individual spotlights can I switch each one individually from the VC?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Spotlights Manual, page 11:

spotlights_page11.JPG

Regards,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Ok, so I cannot use any panel or vc switching and I have to use the spotlight control window to turn on or off or adjust lights. 

Is there a limit to the number of lights you can turn on or off or adjust individually rather than in groups?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Erm... unless the developer licenses and uses our Spotlights API, it would be impossible for our Spotlights logic to know which VC switches are modeled (if any) so as to use those. Imagine those simpler aircraft addons which are not modeling such VC switches - how would it be done there?

That's why the spotlights window exists.

Now, to answer your second question: The number of lights that FSL Spotlights v1.0 supports is 20, in total. You can use them however you like - individually (i.e. one by one) or group two or more of them together into their own group. This means you can have up to 20 groups of a single light each, or a single group of 20 lights, or a combination in between, as long as you understand there's 20 lights to be used, in total. You can have a group with three lights, another group with two lights, another with five. That leaves you another ten unused lights after those.

Hope that makes sense!

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks for your fast replies. I think 20 is plenty ! 

If I purchase by paypal how soon could I use the lights?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The purchase is done from within the spotlights manager and the license should be received and activated immediately. You will need to restart FSX after the license has been activated though, to reflect this.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

This looks great! I'll be picking it up for the aerosoft airbus to fix the 'all or nothing' lights.

This looks great! I'll be picking it up for the aerosoft airbus to fix the 'all or nothing' lights.

I already started with Aerosoft bus....

With the default lights on (they are not bad...but like you said...all on or off)

8EGlmr.jpg

And with my lights on....(with the defaults on too for now until I figure out how to get just the backlighting on the buttons without the floods.)

AlEZDG.jpg

ywM4bM.jpg

G4iw9M.jpg

I think it looks totally awesome, and the possibilities are limitless....by far one of the coolest add-ons in a while.  Night fliers rejoice!

I'll be picking up the full version soon.

Lefteris, I'll post these pics over on your forum if you like....thanks for the great product!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve,

looking good! that's the idea!

Our forum has other user-contributed spotlights initialization files where you might get some more ideas. Feel free to download and test!

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I really  wanted this to work but it crashed FSX SE. I get to the black loading screen and FSX stops working. 

This is the second time I tried this program and this was a newer beta but still my FSX SE does not like it for  some reason.

I just read on your forums where there is a conflict with Shade. I use it and really don't want to do without it so will this be fixed at some point?

I am running 0.19.02 public beta with framework.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Can you try the latest ReShade version 1.0 and let us know how that works for you?

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

No, I tried the lasted version and the shaders were way off from the version i have now. Also the new version does not hold in FSX for me and only appears once in awhile. 

Think you can fix it for older versions,,should be mostly the same setup?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It's not the same setup, unfortunately, and it's quite impossible to support older versions for such apps.

When you say "the new version does not hold in FSX for me and only appears once in awhile", what do you mean?

Perhaps it's something the ReShade authors can look into?

It's best if we try to be compatible with up-to-date versions, otherwise it'll get very hairy very soon...

In any case - just as a test for my curiosity - can you try latest ReShade to see if at least it's compatible?

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

The shaders are different and look different than in my version so I have to stick with my version. If you decide to fix it for this version please let me know.

Thanks

i-5vbvgq6-S.png