Sign in to follow this  
yurinedisov

FSL Spotlights - anyone tried them yet?

I've tried the Beta and found a small conflict with TacPack but Lefteris is on the case.

I like this so much I have bought it. Do yourself a favour, sign up, grab one of the pre-defines cfg sets, try the beta, look at the Forum pics.

The in app purchase isn't uncommon these days, it is just them protecting themselves from piracy.

Jack Ford

Installed, crashed FSX, unistalled.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I tried it with the Feelthere ERJ145. Dismal cockpit lighting to begin with. This would have made the day but  Feelthere combined the dome light with the panel back-lighting and both lighting textures will function at the same time. I think this is a fantastic add-on though. 

Edit your ERJ145's aircraft.cfg file and comment out the .fx for the overhead 'light' from the [lights] section.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Gents-

some clarifications:

Jim Young: Thanks for merging the two topics, there was no need for separate ones, a single topic will ensure I can be on top of any issues that arise here.

Ed Wilson: Thanks for bringing to my attention that the web site did not have pricing information - that has since been amended. The product is available for purchase, but is still in public beta as the technology inside it is very very fresh and we want to ensure prospective customers are 100% happy with it before they shell out any cash for it. In fact, since we made it available as an open beta, there were a couple bugs found (and fixed) and we've since uploaded a newer version for everyone to get. So, you see, no conspiracies there :).

Bill Leaming (n4gix): I personally ensured that your FSLabs forum registration was manually validated since it was obvious that the auto-validation email ended up somewhere in your spam folder (or worse, your provider ate it). We're on a different time zone, so it was 3 hours before I was able to get to it - usually, I or one of our other forum administrators will respond faster than that, but it was a Sunday morning after the second largest holiday in orthodox Christendom... so I apologize for the delay. You should now be able to download and try the product as well (no conspiracies there either :) ).

Ben Weston (Airline2Sim): Your comments are appreciated, Sir, and we're taking your Vlog observations under close consideration. Keep an eye for an upcoming version with fixes for what you observed.

Mario Di Lauro (tamsini): Please visit our FSLabs forum and write us with more details about your installation issues, we'll be happy to assist.

PaulGR: I am not sure I understand - you're not installing FSLSpotlights because smartCARS for FSX had issues with its uninstaller? It's a completely unrelated product and ours does not download any installers upon uninstallation. You can try the FSLSpotlights as a 100% fully functional product (at LGAV airport) and if you are satisfied it works well for you, you can purchase a license that will unlock it for the rest of the world - that way, you (first) and we (second) are assured that it works before having to pay - we feel that's better customer service, no?

Andre (awf): Your signature indicates "Commercial Member" - as such, I am a bit baffled as to why you didn't feel you could simply write us and express your opinion (or irritation) - we're fellow developers, apparently (although I tried to find out more details about you and just couldn't - apologies that I am not sure who I am addressing now).

Houstonhear: "What games they are playing or why" - can you elaborate on that? I am unsure what you're saying, but I'll be happy to clarify any misunderstandings.

Warbirds: Please visit our FSLabs forum and post your issues in the FSLSpotlights support section. We'll be happy to assist with your 'crashed FSX' issue.

777200LRF: Yes, the FSLSpotlights works with all aircraft that we've been able to test so far, the 777 and 737 included.

To all:

Our FSLabs development team and I will be very happy to assist everyone who is interested in our products - you can post in this topic (if that's OK with Jim and the gang) or you can visit our FSLabs Spotlights forum to do so. We are very proud of this product, it's quite revolutionary in how it works and we hope that it will be accepted by sim fans globally. We are actively looking into a P3D version as well, so do visit our web site for more info on this regularly. We'll keep you up to date.

PS. Yes, we're working hard on the A320-X - you'll hear more about that very soon! (but don't post here about it - I am sure Jim won't quite appreciate it :) )

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Jose,

yes, it does - v62613 and the upcoming 62615.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks n4gix. I tried taking out the line in the cfg but I thinks it's embedded in the code. Adding some spotlights to the VC is still a big improvement. No regrets putting out the $20 for this.

Dwight Heyer

Thanks for merging the two topics, there was no need for separate ones, a single topic will ensure I can be on top of any issues that arise here.

Thanks Lefteris.  Should have done that immediately.  It's Sunday and the brain waves are not awake yet.

Yes, we're working hard on the A320-X - you'll hear more about that very soon! (but don't post here about it - I am sure Jim won't quite appreciate it

Just to clarify... we don't mind hearing about updates to your products.  You can tell us in this topic or start a new one.  We just do not want several topics related to the same product posted.  FSL Spotlights appears to be a great product to me and we appreciate the developers telling us about their new products and upgrades.  I know when PMDG, Captain Sim, Carenado, REX4 releases a new product, you will hear about it first in this forum.  I apologize for the confusion.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Andre (awf): Your signature indicates "Commercial Member" - as such, I am a bit baffled as to why you didn't feel you could simply write us and express your opinion (or irritation) - we're fellow developers, apparently (although I tried to find out more details about you and just couldn't - apologies that I am not sure who I am addressing now).

I could have write you Lefteris, but since we are all customers also at some point i just vented my opnion here the same as you currently doing ;-)

Since I'm active member here I just posted a polite post.

I'm baffled that you did'n t came accros me here in the 13 years I'm floating arround here with a truck load of awards (including AVSIM ones) etc...

Also on the PMDG forums we talked in the past nowadays almost not active there, if you want to have background info just sent me a PM.

Cheers,

André

Houstonhear: "What games they are playing or why" - can you elaborate on that? I am unsure what you're saying, but I'll be happy to clarify any misunderstandings.

Could not find the price on your webpage.

Don't understand why you were "hiding" the purchase price.  Why was it not displayed up front, rather than making people hunt for it?

OK I think I explained this adequately then.

Regards

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I would like to purchase your product  but I'm having trouble. I can't even log into your forum. I've registered two days ago , still haven't received a confirmation in my e-mail , even checked my spam folder. Tried downloading , nothing. Went to lgav in FSX , nothing.