Sign in to follow this  
HondaJet

Headset Mic won't work in Reboot

I am running P3D v2/5+ all hotfixes.  I had the vintage NGX working with no problems but now that i have installed reboot version my headset mic won't work.  

I have checked to be sure the mic is not muted, checked every step of the install for speech recognition, configured the mic again and it is working in Win7 at 100% output.

Once I get in the VC I get the FO voice but when I try to respond nothing happens.  I also checked to make sure I am in Voice mode in FS2Crew and HM is not on.

I believe I have everything in setup set properly to work through the headset.

I am anxious to get my first flight working with the reboot version.  Anyone got some ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

I am getting no "Green Bar" even though the headset mic tests good everywhere else and it not muted (Teamspeak, Win7 setup, etc).

And it all worked fine in the previous version.  I am flying P3D v2.5.

I think I will try it in FSX and report back unless you have another idea Bryan.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

Update to my last post:

I am getting no "Green Bar" even though the headset mic tests good everywhere else and it not muted (Teamspeak, Win7 setup, etc).

And it all worked fine in the legacy version.  I am flying P3D v2.5.

I think I will try it in the legacy version in FSX and report back unless you have another idea Bryan.

Edit: I went back to FSX which is still running the legacy version of FS2Crew to test.  The mic would not work there either and I could not see any selections for "Headset Audio Device" in the CFG window; same for "PWR/AIR SRC".   There was also no selections in the "crew region" options.  I am suspecting something got messed up when I installed the reboot version for P3D.   

Here are the steps I did when I installed the Reboot in P3D:

1-  I replaced the panel cfg in 738 main panel folder with old panel cfg file from before OLD FS2Crew install
2- Then uninstalled legacy version

3-  Then reinstalled NGX v1.10.6461
4- Then installed FS2Crew Reboot

Could there be files left over from the legacy version I need to get rid of?

Should I start all over with uninstall and reinstall?  If so could you supply proper steps so I don't miss something?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Hayman

Hi Jerry,

Reboot and Legacy share no common files.

Best to start "clean".

1. Uninstall the NGX.

2. Manually delete any PMDG 737 folders in the SimObjects folder.  That step is important.

3. Re-install the NGX and FS2Crew.

This will ensure you  are "clean".

Bryan,

I thought it might help someone else if I let you know the "Clean Start" fixed the problem (whatever it was).  I followed your steps above to the letter and once NGX & Reboot was re-installed it all worked great.  I had FS2Crew for the Majestic Q400 already loaded in P3D and it still was working perfectly.  Now both of them are operational.

Thanks for the help.

Jerry

Jerry Hayman