Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

beta 11 available

And... welcome to the most astounding sim, night, and save-your-money-in-excellent-freeware wise....

Actually, also weather wise ( among the civil sims, it's the best rendering wind variation and turbulence conditions ), and although I am yet to find a modern airliner comparable to a PMDG ( might the FF A350 be such a specimen ? ).

The FlyJSim 727 and 737 are, as far as I read, simply spectacular, and for the old timers, that LES dc-3 is simply a charm, in every aspect.

Then, I will buy that LES SaaB in their next promotional sale.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I had a most unexpected experience though, and now, all of my neighbors know that that guy from the clouds forecast is crazy, and has X-Plane ( whatever that means for them... ).

I was using PSX with X-Plane 10, the perfect and ABSOLUTELY remarkable combination, now that my graphics card pumps it all to the higher fps... PSX's engine sounds are tame ( realistic according to what real crew will hear in the cockpit ), and I usually search for some airport with really nasty weather for a short circuit. Found my stormy circuit of the day, pumped the sound in my PC all the way UP, fired PSX, and .....  My hears still heart :-/.... There was a huge thunderstorm going on, and I had forgotten how realistically ( scarily ) X-Plane reproduces the thunder sounds.... Whow! At 100% sound level, even being outpu only from my monitor, the neighbor next door came asking if I was doing any project with the weather for tomorrow :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Dave,

thx for the review link!

I had the JarDesigns Neo, and installed the latest version, but I never really like the autoflight system on that model, and fear the A330 may be equal :-(

At least the A350 has the famous "QPAC" flight dynamics AND FBW simulation, if I'm not mistaken ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Guest Mik75

Dave,

thx for the review link!

I had the JarDesigns Neo, and installed the latest version, but I never really like the autoflight system on that model, and fear the A330 may be equal :-(

At least the A350 has the famous "QPAC" flight dynamics, if I'm not mistaken ?

That's correct, that's why I enjoy flying the A350 in XPX a lot!

The JAR A330 has a better FBW than their quirky A320neo, but it's still not as convincing as the QPAC work. And the logic behind some of the switches and levers is very strange. All in all, I personally don't like the A330 too much and actually never use it...

Dave,

thx for the review link!

At least the A350 has the famous "QPAC" flight dynamics, if I'm not mistaken ?

if you have the A320 Neo  install the 2.4 beta. It finally makes this thing handflyable. Afaik its the A330 fbw system ported. As far as the A330 goes, it looks nice but still buggy and needs around 5-10 more updates. The good thing is that JarDesign dont abbandon their planes and actually improve them over time

There are two airliners I installed, and then, after 1 day, wiped off my disk - really no reason to use them, since I am up to the level of similar aircraft in P3D ( PMDG 777 amd even AEROSOFT A210/21 ), and those were the FF 777 and the JarDesign A320 Neo - really can't find a way to like either :-(

The QPAC A320 is here to stay though.... The A350 from the videos I have been watching looks very good too ( ? ) And there is yet another A330 that supposedly uses the same QPAC core - RWDesigns A330 - but never heard of these brand before...

Main Simulation Rig:

I'd have to agree that the FF 777 and the JarDesign A320 Neo are hangar queens in my fleet too.

The FlyJSim 732 however gets most of my time. It hand flies beautifully, the wing flex is good enough to have me looking over the wings WAY too often and the sounds (internal and external) are brilliant.

I've just started flying the LES Saab 340 and although it is good, IMHO it's not in the same league as the FlyJSim aircraft.

Additionally if you're interested in what it takes to develop an aircraft for a simulator. The developer does regular streams on Twitch. He's currently updating the 727 and giving it the GNS 530 from X-Plane so folks who want can still fly the magenta line.

http://www.twitch.tv/flyingjackal.

Another thing that folks don't seem to realise is that the Carenado planes for X-Plane are half decent and not the half baked monstrosities that are offered for FSX/P3D. This is probably due to being a completely different developer. He also keeps his planes up to date.

There are two airliners I installed, and then, after 1 day, wiped off my disk - really no reason to use them, since I am up to the level of similar aircraft in P3D ( PMDG 777 amd even AEROSOFT A210/21 ), and those were the FF 777 and the JarDesign A320 Neo - really can't find a way to like either :-(

Well with the 2.4 beta the JarDesign FBW is better than the Aerosoft one. However it is still lacking in the other departments. The SID/Star Routes also got alot better with 2.4beta. If you have used it with the 2.4 then fine but if not i would give it another try ;)

The FlyJSim 732 however gets most of my time. It hand flies beautifully, the wing flex is good enough to have me looking over the wings WAY too often and the sounds (internal and external) are brilliant.

I've just started flying the LES Saab 340 and although it is good, IMHO it's not in the same league as the FlyJSim aircraft.

Additionally if you're interested in what it takes to develop an aircraft for a simulator. The developer does regular streams on Twitch. He's currently updating the 727 and giving it the GNS 530 from X-Plane so folks who want can still fly the magenta line.

Not only a GNS, he also streamed adding a x-fmc ;)

The Saab is a study level sim that is beeing used by the operators still using the aircraft. The beauty of the FlyJsim Boeings is that they handfly beautifully and Jack will sacrifice 100% accuracy for better handflying. The Saab is realisitc to the book. This goes to point that in real life the plane is very twitchy in low speeds on approach and therefore not as easy and beautiful to handfly. 

Wether you prefer one approach over the other is up to the pilot. :)

Thx alpha and south,

and yes I did try latest 2.3r4 ( didn't find any 2.4 ??? ).

Of course LES Saab 340 has long been in my to-buy list :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

He's currently updating the 727 and giving it the GNS 530 from X-Plane so folks who want can still fly the magenta line.
Hey Paul.

Do you have a link for that info?

I wasn't aware of an official update for the GNS (I'm aware of the "hack").

Thanks.

Am I correct that the QPAC A320 does not have a virtual cockpit? That's a showstopper for me.

NAX669.png

Thx alpha and south,

and yes I did try latest 2.3r4 ( didn't find any 2.4 ??? ).

Of course LES Saab 340 has long been in my to-buy list :-)

you have to look on the JarDesign forum its not an official update yet.

What update? The update to the 727 or have I written something that suggests there's an update to the X-Plane GNS 530?

No, I was just wondering where you read about FlyJSim adding official GNS support as I am interested.

Your post suggested it was in progress.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

In the meantime I have added it using the instruction at the Org.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=77414&p=826627

Dave,

I've not read anywhere what the next update will contain. I'm only going on what I've seen Jack stream on Twitch. The last few days he's been integrating the CIVA, GNS 530 and X-FMC.