Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Confusion about Topcat transferring data

After completing all the steps to prepare the 737NGX for flight, I press the "send" button. Topcat goes through the transfer process (blue progress bars) and reports all done (except for fuel and payload).

When I check the CDU pages none of the info has been entered, I have checked and rechecked my work, correct plane, etc but still no joy.

Topcat forum is read only and no info there.

Can someone get me on the right track?

Help greatly appreciated:

Best regards to all,

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Neal:  TOPCAT does not send takeoff/landing data to the aircraft.  It only sends weight and balance to the aircraft.cfg and, as you implied, that can not be used with PMDG.  Just make a note of the flap and v-speeds and compare with the FMS calculation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks downscc......I guess the only value of Topcat then is to get the calculations and manually enter them. Obviously I misunderstood the function of Topcat when I bought it. Oh well, brain cells do die.

Regards

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Actually it is because the payload and fuel model of PMDG is rather complex that you cannot use all the functions provided by Topcat, but they work with some other addons.

All depends on what you fly with.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I would suggest you buy PFPX and topcat integrated with that also you can get weather from your ASN

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Obviously I misunderstood the function of Topcat when I bought it. Oh well, brain cells do die.
You did not waste your money. Just the takeoff data of derates, assumed temperature, flap settings and V speeds is worth the price even though these settings can't be automatically be transferred to the NGX

Neal: TOPCAT does not send takeoff/landing data to the aircraft. It only sends weight and balance to the aircraft.cfg and, as you implied, that can not be used with PMDG. Just make a note of the flap and v-speeds and compare with the FMS calculation.

Actually it does send weight and balance data to the aircraft if FSX is running and the aircraft is loaded. Not V speeds and thrust though as you said. TOPCAT has send and save options, the latter writes to aircraft.cfg.

ki9cAAb.jpg