Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Stuttering...P3D, RealAir Duke and KEGE

I've been studying a stuttering problem with the RealAir Turbine Duke 2 at the new Orbx Eagle County KEGE.  I've shut off all of the features of the airport, turned my sliders way down and still...major stutters at the airport.  This only happens in P3D...not in FSX.  In FSX I can run full sliders, all airport features turned on and get a smooth 40+ FPS.  I also tested

• Flight1 Mustang in FSX...40-60 smooth. 
  • Carenado PA46 in P3D...30-50 smooth. 
  • Turbine Duke at other airports in P3D....KSTS, KSQL, KSEA, all with full sliders, heavy hitter but still pretty smooth. 

The stutters are big...not micro...a slideshow taking off.  It must be some interaction with something at that airport but I'm stumped and looking for help.

Gregg

EDIT:  The stutters are there both when I'm on the ground and in the air, if that's any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not seeing it but I run only 1m texture resolution

If I run any higher (even with default scenery) I get mega stutters

You using dual GTN 750's?

I'm not seeing it but I run only 1m texture resolution

If I run any higher (even with default scenery) I get mega stutters

You using dual GTN 750's?

That's interesting.  No, I just run one (didn't see that much point in two since their not linked.)   You mean you set 1m texture in the P3D Options->Display->Scenery settings?  There's another person who told me they're getting them as well with the Duke and not with their other aircraft.  It really is night and day difference...with other aircraft in KEGE it's smooth as silk.  In FSX with the TDuke it's smooth as silk.  So, it's not a KEGE issue, per se, it's a KEG+P3D+TDuke issue...though, thinking about it, it's not exactly the same TDuke that runs in FSX...the P3D TDuke is made specifically for P3D.

EDIT:  Also, it's pretty telling that I get smoother performance at KSQL and KSEA with full sliders than I do at KEGE with low sliders...those two airports are in areas that are horrible for performance and VAS.

Also make sure you are running the latest FTX Library files 150815 and have then reapplied the Global base in FTX Central V2.

Also make sure you are running the latest FTX Library files 150815 and have then reapplied the Global base in FTX Central V2.

Yes, did both of those.  Also deleted the shaders cache and let it rebuild.

Curious Gregg,

If you might be experiencing a simular situation that does not pertain to add-ons.  Have you tried running the same course but with no add-ons... just default scenery?  If you do, do you notice the large stutters (I call them freezing jolts!), as if P3D is loading scenery or refreshing scenery?  If not then this is probably a different issue.

But if you are still experiencing this, try this for fun.  With agn maxed out on sliders take off on RWY 27 at KASN and see if about mid runway you experience the same type jolts.  This is repeatable every time unless I turn down agn way down.

Clutch

I

Curious Gregg,

If you might be experiencing a simular situation that does not pertain to add-ons. Have you tried running the same course but with no add-ons... just default scenery? If you do, do you notice the large stutters (I call them freezing jolts!), as if P3D is loading scenery or refreshing scenery? If not then this is probably a different issue.

But if you are still experiencing this, try this for fun. With agn maxed out on sliders take off on RWY 27 at KASN and see if about mid runway you experience the same type jolts. This is repeatable every time unless I turn down agn way down.

Clutch

Hmmm.  I'll try disabling the airport completely to see if it's an issue with the area.