Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Skylake hits 7GHZ. Perfect for flight simming ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The problem with that and even many of the more reasonable overclocks isn't really the fact that you have your temperatures under control, it's whether the voltages are sustainable over a long period of time. For instance, in my current rig, my 3770k can book it around 5.0Ghz comfortably in the high 90s (sometimes pushing close to TJMax at times) but the voltage is waayyy over the 1.5v voltage threshold.

I have to assume, though, that professional overclockers don't care whether their chip lasts several years or not...

All of that aside, I would love to see that machine hooked up to flightsim. Man oh man oh man...

Well with the increase in performance I got from clocking my i7 4770K from stock til 4,5 ghz, I reckon 7 ghz will provide locked 60 FPS in a scenarios  :P

Id agree. I doubt its stable, but at least you could boost to 7ghz flying into a major payware airport with a pmdg plane at max settings and AI, VAS issues aside.

Then your cruise can be at a cool 5.5 ghz. hehe

Perhaps the very high end MBs might be able to hold the upper end better. Compromise. 6.4ghz and stick the PC in your freezer. :lol: