Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

uiautomationcore.dll failure even after replacing

Right now, I am using version 6.0.5840.16386 and before I used 6.0.6001.18000 and this is really annoying me since doing any flight seems impossible! I am using windows 10 so I don't know if that changes something can someone give me a link to the other versions of the uiautomationcore?

With FSX-SE you must leave v6.0.6001.18000 as installed. Are you saying you get errors showing v6.0.6001.18000 as faulting dll?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

With FSX-SE you must leave v6.0.6001.18000 as installed. Are you saying you get errors showing v6.0.6001.18000 as faulting dll?

yes BOTH dlls are crashing me. They etheir crash by clicking the top menu or the little menu for views.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62613.0, time stamp: 0x551a6ac5

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.5840.16386, time stamp: 0x45398e5f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001dd8d

Faulting process id: 0x2770

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0e9d8b61ed425

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 52d69ac6-55d4-11e5-9bce-3065ec0de3b0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

other one

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62613.0, time stamp: 0x551a6ac5

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp: 0x4791a76f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001dd8f

Faulting process id: 0x2cf0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0e9d646db3379

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 4258aa5b-55cb-11e5-9bce-3065ec0de3b0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Can you leave the 6.0.6001.18000 version in the FSX folder, and next try the repair function from the steam FSX menu, right click properties.

Can you leave the 6.0.6001.18000 version in the FSX folder, and next try the repair function from the steam FSX menu, right click properties.

you mean verify cashe?

yes worth trying. seems odd you have such rampant uiautomationcore.dll errors. only other version is the win10 system version - if you rename the one in the FSX folder so it won't be found by FSX-SE, the system one will be loaded when you start FSX-SE instead.

yes worth trying. seems odd you have such rampant uiautomationcore.dll errors. only other version is the win10 system version - if you rename the one in the FSX folder so it won't be found by FSX-SE, the system one will be loaded when you start FSX-SE instead.

il try spaming menu and see if it crashes. If it does il rename the file.

Still crashing.

Il try actully taking out the systems uiautomationcore

No use will be some other reason uiautomationcore.dll is crashing. I would put back the 6.0.6001.18000 version and look at other options. What else you got running? Anything in exe.xml or dll.xml?

No use will be some other reason uiautomationcore.dll is crashing. I would put back the 6.0.6001.18000 version and look at other options. What else you got running? Anything in exe.xml or dll.xml?

No, the only thing that is failing is ui.automationcore. and no other exe.xml or exe

you misunderstand me, do you have any addons?

you misunderstand me, do you have any addons?

No. Adding the win10 dll seems to help. Tommorrow Il do a flight and see if it does not crash. If it does not il mark it solved.

...your setup is showing unusual behaviour so i'm wondering if there's anything else going on that can in turn affect uiautomationcore.dll. Just because it's faulting do not assume it's faulty. If you think about it, it comes pre installed with FSX-SE for a reason, and no amount of uiautomationcore.dlls are fixing the problem.

...be very interesting if using the system dll cures it, i'm not sure it will, but let's hope so.  :smile:

You removed the uiautomationcore.dll in the FSX folder to allow the use of the Win10 version as I suggested? Beware that the Steam edition will probably replace it at some stage, so you may need to delete/rename again later. Still I say it should not be required to do that.