Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Making PFPX and TopCat to match for PMDG 777

Hi!

Recently I followed this thread with great success. It was really enjoyable getting the exact same values (mainly the ZFW) in both programs but also in the FMC of the NGX after inserting fuel and payload.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/417842-topcat-pfpx-737ngx-weights-how-to/page-2

Now, I'm looking to achieve the same thing with the PMDG 777-200. First of all, I noticed when creating an aircraft from template that PFPX and Topcat operated with different values, for example max fuel. Here is where I get confused, because I don't know which values I can trust. Anyway, the correct value if I want the exact same numbers would be the max fuel weight in the PMDG 777 config file (located somewhere), or am I completely wrong? For instance - I just added both templates in PFPX and Topcat the way they are default and planned a quick flight. What I observed, not surprisingly, was that the ZFW of both program did not match

PFPX - Planned ZFW   205 016

Topcat - Planned ZFW 205 007

So as you can see, the two values are not that far from each other, although I expected them to be more different regarding the differences in the PFPX and Topcat template for the PMDG 777-200.

But, when I entered the fuel and payload in the PMDG 777-200, I got an ZFW of over 419.0, so in other words, nowhere near 205.0 as it should be. Any idea of what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Is the 777 configured to lbs and Topcat - PFPX in Kgs?

Well I'll be damned. Sorry, it was sat to LBS in the FMC, not KGS as in both Topcat and PFPX (noob me).

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Well I'll be damned. Sorry, it was sat to LBS in the FMC, not KGS as in both Topcat and PFPX (noob me).

haha - surprisingly a common error. I did that a few times back in the day when I flew with Scandinavian VA (with the original PMDG NG - looks ancient now). Forgot to reconfigure it in LBS when I took it for a flight in the States with a US dispatch. The poor system didn't have a clue what I was trying to get it to do since it thought all of my entries in pounds were the equivalent kg mass.

Kyle Rodgers

I got an ZFW of over 419.0

Glad you sorted it, if you had managed to load it to a ZFW of 419 (000) kg, the gear struts would probably have popped out the top of the wing LOL!

haha - surprisingly a common error. I did that a few times back in the day when I flew with Scandinavian VA (with the original PMDG NG - looks ancient now). Forgot to reconfigure it in LBS when I took it for a flight in the States with a US dispatch. The poor system didn't have a clue what I was trying to get it to do since it thought all of my entries in pounds were the equivalent kg mass.

It was done in real life too, Gimli (sp) Glider

All told, there's a reason why, here in the U.S. at least, the dispatcher holds half of the legal liability of a flight's safety. Sharing, of course, with the PiC.

Glad you sorted it, if you had managed to load it to a ZFW of 419 (000) kg, the gear struts would probably have popped out the top of the wing LOL!

Yep. It didn't even struck me as an odd value  :P

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth