Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

Which addon airport should I buy?

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which airport to buy?

• FlightBeam KDEN Denver
    • FSDreamTeam KIAH Houston

And KDEN is about to have a free upgrade done that adds in the new Concourse C that was completed after the scenery was released.   At least I believe it is to be free to existing KDEN customers.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Slowly leaning to KDEN, but its a close battle. Still debating pressing that "buy" button.

I'd go DEN. DFW is rough on performance , and it's not really middle of the country, pretty far south. KDEN is great performance, huge area and more towards the middle-ish of the country

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I like KIAH. But the taxiway bridges force you to use the "recommended mesh resolution". I can't remember what it is but for those of us who run with sliders to the right it's a pain to switch when planning a flight.

KDEN is fly and forget with whatever settings you already have on your pc. Performance is great. The only drawback is the taxi distance (joking!)

supporter.jpg

I'd go DEN. DFW is rough on performance , and it's not really middle of the country, pretty far south. KDEN is great performance, huge area and more towards the middle-ish of the country

You experience performance penalties at KDFW? On my rig it performs nearly identical to KDEN and KIAH, although any performance issue could be due to the amounts of AI you have at the gates. Since KDFW has a lot of traffic parked in the center of the aiport with all the runays not too far from the terminals, I could see that when on final with the terminals being in view with traffic parked at them, it could pose more of an FPS hit. At KDEN, some of the runways are so far from the terminals that they might not be in view when approaching as you get closer.

As far as being in the center of the US, I meant by longitude. It's the largest hub near the latitude and longitude. While it's farther south than say Kansas or Nebraska, those states don't have any hubs that handle the traffic loads that DFW has. It's almost an equal distance to either coast from KDFW, while KDEN is farther west, it's a short flight to the west coast but a bit longer to the east coast.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator