Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG Interim Fix - 747 CTD seems Fixed

Jeff it sounds like you and 'Timest' have an AFCAD problem somewhere in Arizona... Go into Event Viewer and see if it's a .dll that's causing the problem. Event Viewer is not the end all troubleshooter but sometimes it could be helpful. Are you guys having this problem solely with the PMDG 744???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks Dillon, I'll look it up.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

It still says the error is in the pmdg options dll. This was on the 13th of AUG at about 954p. I think this after the update. FS didn't give an error on closing, my puter gave me an out of memory error, then FS closed.I had the same error when using the 737 as well as the 47. I haven't tried it yet with any other aircraft.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Hey Bob you are very right in your statement above... I honestly don't understand how Beta Testers can miss such glaring issues myself. On top of that even though there has been a major failure on the part of the Beta team, the developer stay loyal to keeping these people on staff. Here you have a beta team that has missed major problems in the product and then turn around and attack customers once the project is released... I think I may know of the product you speak of that was released a few months back. If it's the same one I was asked to be on the team shortly after the product's release and beta tested the service pak. No issues were posted after that... You don't have to fly a product for 20hrs before you start to see glaring issues/bugs that should be fixed before release, it's not rocket science. You generally have to know what to look for and test according to how people would generally use a product. When it comes to complex systems it's a little more involved but issues like performance and night lighting should be obvious. Someone on the team should be able to spot a decrease in performance once the FMC is fully programmed. Everyone should have caught the limited night lighting in the VC. Anyone's beta team shouldn't be comprised of 90% purist and 10% (if that much) hobbyist. If you have a beta team comprised of only 2D cockpit fanatics, how

FS2020 

Jeff try this flight with another aircraft to see if there's still a problem. If there's no issue there's a memory leak somewhere in PMDG's Options.dll. I'd report this on their forum as this could be a key issue in helping them figure out the stuttering issue with the 744. It's great to know two of you are having the same problems on the same flight. There's nothing better than being able to pin down an exact location for a CTD. It's so much easier when the problem is not sporadic...Now back to more important issues, when is KMCI getting released??? :-hah

FS2020 

Did you read anything I posted about how you can't blame the beta team 99% of the time?

I did Alex but the overall census from the beta team doesn

FS2020 

I will try on another flight, yes.We just got back from KCI a few hours ago. We got some mini-dv airside footage and stills this time as well as where the 'hot-spots' were and pics of the new ARFF building.We're going to adding a few things this time as well as animated more like the gates, etc.There's so much to say right now, but let's just say we aim to have it out with the new features in the next 2 months.I may post some of the video for you guys. We were out on the RWY's today and got great landing and takeoff video also. Loads of fun.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

You have got to be kidding me.You wonder why Randy gets so darn frustrated with some people. I am proud to be part of a very well respected, informed, educated, experienced and most of all DEDICATED group of beta testers available in the FS community. I am man enough to ignore the comments of a few "unhappy" customers, but no beta tester found the aircraft to be unflyable, or had major issues prior to release. Whether there were any last minute changes to the software that we didn't get to test, I don't know.Be it known that every member on the beta team is trying to replicate the problems being experienced and the development team is trying everything possible to assist those with issues. Yes we get the $60 software for free. But that equates to around 21 cents / hour on average for the amount of testing each member has done. Remember this is also a hobby for us.Don't blame the team for items that were missed, if they may not have existed for us in the first place.PMDG will endeavour to assist everyone with their issues, as with the 737. To those of you who now choose not to buy PMDG again, I'm sorry to hear that as this is one company that does care about its customers and provides, IMO, some of the best customer service available to the FS community.

>A special mention was made about Flight1's ATR. Lou Betti of>Dreamfleet has one of the best and most informed beta teams>I've ever worked with. That's why the ATR was released in the>condition it was. Some of the people on the PMDG Beta team I>wouldn't ask back. First off they missed major problems that>should have been caught, were too short sighted to foresee>many key features that customers would want to see in the>product, and attack customers who report major problems and/or>have suggestions about a product after its release. What good>are these kinds of people to any development team??? How is>the customer or Development team benefiting from a situation>like this???This is quite enough Dillon. I love Dreamfleet and Flight 1's aircraft, but the ATR is not a perfect addon as you are making it out to be. After several patches, the F1 ATR still has several major FMC issues including the very same sort of ridiculously hard to track CTD issues certain people keep having with the 747. I've posted several detailed messages with exact reproduction steps on the ATR forum asking Hans to look into the issue with SID/STAR transitions that are coded into the file properly not displaying in the FMC. (this bug keeps me from selecting my most flown route without manually entering in every single waypoint) He hasn't even acknowleged the issue, despite my having replicated it every time on multiple PCs.The same thing applies to LDS as well. Have any of you guys tried using conditional waypoints lately? Put a ".CHA" heading to altitude in as the first waypoint after takeoff (ex. KPHX's SILOW1 SID) and watch as VNAV and the magenta line go absolutely haywire. Anyone try VNAV PTHing the PDZ4 STAR into KLAX with all the restrictions from the chart coded in? I was 3000 feet above the path with no reversion to SPD mode a few waypoints into it. Where were these insane bashing threads when LDS was released with a bug that caused the sim to lock up for several seconds when pressing DEP/ARR on the FMC? Was anyone accusing them of incompetence?I hopefully don't need to continue for everyone to see that bugs and improper functionality are not a PMDG-created issue. This happens to ANY complex piece of software that's written. Microsoft, the world's largest developer, can't release its flagship product without needing a million hotfixes and service packs along the lifecycle of the product. Anyone that thinks PMDG is going to ignore issues and not strive to fix every one of them has absolutely no clue who the people running the company are and what they stand for.Dillon, you are very wrong when you accuse us of attacking people for reporting issues - what I am attacking is your tone and disrespect for our team. Please let me know next time you beta test a complex addon so that I can purchase it and then nitpick you to death because it's not a perfect FAA approved trainer out of the box. Some of you are really losing perspective - we are "flying" $50 PC games here, not real aircraft. $50 wouldn't buy you an hour in a real Cessna.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest neilb

Unfortunately this hobby of ours is full of grown men acting like spoilt children. Its sad that they get as much attention as they do.I really don't think the PMDG 744 is as bug-ridden as some make out. There are some problems, but I'm confident they are being taken care of. At times I think certain PMDG staff could've handled things better after the release, but its all calmed down now, so whats the big deal.I cannot believe some of the comments coming from people. People asking for help with questions that would make the default 744 too hard to fly for them, the constant demands for wingviews of which no-ones presented a valid argument for having by the way, complaints over a lack of liveries one week after the release, and people who are too lazy to even read the manual, with people then getting upset when they are told to read the manual. Stuff like this has made my eyes roll out my head.Unfortunately, the volume of inane crap from certain posters at the PMDG forum has led to those with real concerns being bumped off the 1st page within minutes. Those that have been chipping in to help, the beta testers and other longtime PMDG forum members, have helped out as best as they can.I was one of the people who suffered with stutters, and you cannot find any posts from me DEMANDING a patch. Maybe its because I know the software field, or maybe its because I'm not a massive arsehole, but patches take time and issues that are not found on a wide scale take even longer to solve.

I had a comment but after reading the post right above this one, it's not worth it. I just wish the best for both sides in this situation..."I was one of the people who suffered with stutters"Neil are you still having the problem or did you fix it? I'm sure the rest of us including PMDG would like to know what you did to resolve the issue... :-roll

FS2020