Sign in to follow this  
TrueFocha

Question Regarding PMDG J41 Sound

Hi all,

I am interested in the J41 for FSX SE. I've already read in another post that it is not compatible/supported at the time but it works.

Another question I have is regarding the sound, from the youtube videos the sound seems really loud, altough I've also seen a real footage from the cockpit and it's almost the same. The question is, is there anyway to put the sound muffled?

From my pilot perspective point of view, we usually wear headsets, not talking about the noise reduction system you would see in some units, just the regular ones, but there is always a reduction or muffling in the sound. Something that I didn't see in your simulation, as far as videos go.

I know that for X-Plane, Dreamfoil has managed to replicate this quite dramatically by implementing a 3D headset into the cockpit, which you can click (wear) to reduce the sound. Also, if I am not mistaken, I've seen some youtube videos of A2A doing this by clicking in the headset jacket.

Want I want to know is if there are ways of muffling the sound or reduce it?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Carlos C. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I cant fly it as the flight plan wont load in FSX-SE.

There is a fix for the sound but I just can recall where I got it from. Just keep googling for it and maybe some one will pop along here as well

I personally have not found the sound excessive; don't forget FSX has a sound settings screen for adjusting different sources of sound.

It is generally quite loud, however it does depend on your speaker setup.

It's not always practical but wearing a headset and specifying this in fsx sound settings would help. Engine noises would be through your speakers which should have a volume control and atc would be through the headset.

I prefer to use a 5.1 setup. The engine noise emits from all 4 speakers including the sub whereas the cockpit sounds including atc use the centre speaker.

I'm only using the onboard soundcard and secondhand eBay speakers. So nothing special.

Using the audio software you can adjust individual speaker volume.

Hope this helps.