Sign in to follow this  
akzach

GNS 530 WAAS and Carenado PC12 - No CDI deflection

Hello, I just installed the Carenado PC12 and the RealityXP GNS530WAAS.

I love the two paired together, but when I create a flight plan in the GNS and set CDI to GPS, the OBS automatically rotates to the appropriate course, the autopilot navigates on NAV mode perfectly, but I get no CDI deflection if I hand fly and stray off the center of the course.

This is not much of a big deal while enroute, but when trying to fly an LPV approach, I do get the glideslope indication but the CDI still does not deflect left or right as it would in real life. This makes flying the LPV approach by hand very difficult by having to look over to the GNS CDI indication instead of my HSI. Also, when using the autopilot it appears the APP mode will only track the lateral course and not the vertical slope of the approach.

I have installed Bert's and Autogyro's mods, and have been searching tirelessly for similar problems but have no answers. I tried messaging Bert but he is unavailable right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFnsjlTk14

At 9:30 on this video the GPS is switched on into the test mode and you see a CDI deflection half left, mine does not do this.

At least this indicates it is a problem that could be fixed.

Here is what happens when I am at that point:

2015_9_28_16_1_37_251.jpg

Thanks for the help,

Zach

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Back tomorrow.. pretty sure that is fixable..

Send me a PM with your email address.

Bert's mods fixed this, so for future reports of the same issue it will be fixed after installing them! Thank you Bert!

Bert's mods fixed this, so for future reports of the same issue it will be fixed after installing them! Thank you Bert!

Can you tell me the fix, I have Autogyro's engine mod