Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorMadman

P3Dv3 + ASN + REX4 TD & SC + ORBX FTX England & Scotland

Don't ask me how but through some clever registry "hacks" and symlinks I've managed to get all of the above installed and working together in P3Dv3 =)  I'd strongly advise you wait until the developers release official versions but I need to perform some VAS testing this weekend and got "creative" in order to get my sim loaded up with my usual add-ons.

What is fantastic is the fact that I don't see the usual popcorn clouds that I had in 2.5 nor any texture blurries.  I slewed around in this view and ground textures did get slightly blurry but very quickly popped back into hi-res versions of themselves.  In 2.5 this would take minutes and sometimes would never recover.  This is with all sliders to the right and these shots are unedited and the prepar3d.cfg is stock.

A quick couple of shots from ~20k feet AMSL near EGSS:

1Yluhuf.png

tXW41pG.png

Another shot at EGPH with UK2000 Edinburgh Extreme:

KYJaTxz.png

Tomorrow I plan on making my first flight on a guaranteed 2.5 OOM culprit for me - OTHH - OMDB in the PMDG 777 so that will put the sim to the test for me!

Cheers

Daniel

Clouds look great. Interested to hear the results of your test with the PMDG 777.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I just loaded up the lastest ASN (B5751) also and I must admit, it was amazing, not a hint of "popcorn" clouds, no rotating clouds, it was the most realistic depiction of clouds I've ever seen on any flight simulator in the 30 years of using flight simulators.  And no significant hit to VAS at all, barely even noticeable ... like 40MB

I'll post a video later from LOWI to EDNY in the A2A Comanche.

I wasn't able to test out ASN during the V3 beta this is the first time I've been able to get it loaded, wow!

Cheers, Rob.

Ok so colour me impressed!

Just completed a run of T2G OTHH to FT OMDB in the PMDG 777-200LR with FS2Crew.  All settings maxed (no AI traffic) with ASN and FTX Global + Vector enabled (for all road types and objects), FreeMeshX (not really relevant for this area) and GSX.

I started off at OTHH with around 700MB free VAS.  During takeoff it dropped to 470MB as the city of Doha loaded in but quickly recovered during the short cruise to around 670MB where it stayed.  On approach into DXB (DESDI8D for 30R) I overflew the airport from the coast and turned around back to approach from the south.  I would normally OOM when approaching the coast with FlyTampa Dubai installed in 2.5.  Not so here.  Overflying the airport I had around 450MB of free VAS but this quickly dropped to 270MB after passing the airport for some bizarre reason but jumped back up to 470MB at the turning point in the STAR to align with 30R.  Final free VAS at the gate was 360MB.

Now bear in mind this is with max LOD, scenery complexity at max, autogen at max and a full FTX Vector setup with ASN, REX4 textures (granted my REX textures are 1024/512 and DXT where possible).  

This is a total game changer for me - and I still have room to bring down the LOD and other settings if required.  Next run will be UK2000 EGSS - EGPH over FTX England and FTX Scotland.

.  Next run will be UK2000 EGSS - EGPH over FTX England and FTX Scotland.

I'd be keen to hear your report on this.