Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03OCT15] Read This if you have trouble in Prepar3D v3 (updated)

Gentlemen,

I am facing an issue where I get a weird anomaly which happens just before cruise. First my mouse pointer when clicked doesn't do anything but simulation runs. Within a few seconds nothing is clickable even items out of the simulator scope. I get sounds like 'TOK'  when pressing the left mouse button. I see this problem in both 737 NGX and 777. I recently upgraded to P3DV3. Yes I have followed the steps in making sure that no other aircraft is loaded before the pmdg aircraft. I tried this with full screen as well as window mode. The issue is consistent.

My PMDG fleet is now grounded.

Note: This happens only when airborne. On ground its fine.

Platform: Windows 7 64 BIT

Sim: P3DV3

Thank you,

Adit Maark Yvon

Adit, a new thread with your problem description may attract more readers and help.

Please do that and continue your decription, you stop at losing the pointer control and symbol but then what happens? Does it continue to run, does it crash, how long do you let it run before crashing, etc. Also, look in the Windows event viewer to see if you have any application errors.

Dan Downs KCRP

i am still getting terrible stutters.... I did a fresh install of only v3 and the NGX 777. The F35 is the default on the scenario screen but is changed to either the 777 to ngx and then loaded to fly. the stutters are a nightmare. i did the steps again but still happen.... really frustrating.

i am still getting terrible stutters.... I did a fresh install of only v3 and the NGX 777. The F35 is the default on the scenario screen but is changed to either the 777 to ngx and then loaded to fly. the stutters are a nightmare. i did the steps again but still happen.... really frustrating.

Getting stutters with only PMDG products. Have you tested others?

Is the sim loading to the scenario screen first, or is it loading into the flight deck of some aircraft and then you're navigating to the scenario screen?

Kyle Rodgers

i have now, the QW installed and flies beautifully as does the LVL-D and Captain Sim and even Carenado. Various freewares also fly without issue. And yes, the scenario screen pops up first with the F35 at which time i select the aircraft.

i have now, the QW installed and flies beautifully as does the LVL-D and Captain Sim and even Carenado. Various freewares also fly without issue. And yes, the scenario screen pops up first with the F35 at which time i select the aircraft.

I'm not sure any of those is of the complexity of our stuff. I'd check your settings to see where the hang up is. Chances are, something is loading up your system. The other add ons simply aren't loading things up as much with lower complexity (just a guess).

Kyle Rodgers

i doubt it. sliders are normal and no tweaks besides the recommended ones by pmdg... 

i doubt it. sliders are normal and no tweaks besides the recommended ones by pmdg... 

Define "normal."

Something has to be going on with your system because I don't even have half the system you do, and my system is just fine, honestly.

EDIT: Additionally, you should really start your own thread instead of trying to seek support by tacking an issue onto an announcement thread. Better yet, submit a ticket...

Kyle Rodgers

Damn, how did you guys get this working?

I have a fresh install of Windows 7. I installed P3D v3 and made sure everything was working. I installed Simconnect RTM, SP1 and SP2 XPACK and then PMDG 777. I don't even get to the Scenario screen. I get a quick loading box and then the whole thing just dies. Task Manager shows Prepar3d still running but there's no GUI. Did the same on Windows 10 (which is why I went back to 7).

I've since found that it fails after I install Simconnect SP2 XPACK. Uninstalling this allows me to get back into P3D (i.e. just on SP1), but none of the buttons work.

Am I missing something obvious?

Jonjo (stressed)

Are you using a Migration Tool?

Not saying you used it on our 777, but its presence alone will cause issues.

Full names - first and last - are also required here in the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

jonjo69, on 24 Nov 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Damn, how did you guys get this working?

I have a fresh install of Windows 7. I installed P3D v3 and made sure everything was working. I installed Simconnect RTM, SP1 and SP2 XPACK and then PMDG 777. I don't even get to the Scenario screen. I get a quick loading box and then the whole thing just dies. Task Manager shows Prepar3d still running but there's no GUI. Did the same on Windows 10 (which is why I went back to 7).

I've since found that it fails after I install Simconnect SP2 XPACK. Uninstalling this allows me to get back into P3D (i.e. just on SP1), but none of the buttons work.

Jonjo (stressed)

Question, you say you have all the FSX simconnect's installed, what about the ESP simconnect?

See below for what you should see in programs:

Capture_zpsp2ulqhjb.png

Are you using a Migration Tool?

Not saying you used it on our 777, but its presence alone will cause issues.

Full names - first and last - are also required here in the forum.

No, fresh install. Purchased PMDG yesterday and P3D v3 was a straight install and not an upgrade.

Jonjo Hall

Question, you say you have all the FSX simconnect's installed, what about the ESP simconnect?

See below for what you should see in programs:

Capture_zpsp2ulqhjb.png

Yep, even though the readme didn't say ESP, when it failed I did try ESP as well.

Jonjo Hall

No, fresh install. Purchased PMDG yesterday and P3D v3 was a straight install and not an upgrade.

To be clear, you don't have to use the tool on our aircraft for it to cause problems. You haven't installed or used a migration tool on anything else like scenery, correct (people use this to use FSX sceneries in P3D, etc)? The scenario you're describing (things disappearing but still running) sounds a lot like you have a migration tool installed.

Regardless, if the SimConnect is causing your P3D install to fail, that's something other than the 777, I'd suspect.

Kyle Rodgers

There is no migration tool and no addon scenery. Vanilla Windows 7 and the first thing I installed was P3D v3 followed by Simconnect and then PMDG. I will uninstall PMDG and just have P3D and Simconnect and see if that works.

Jonjo Hall