Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Weird Shadows

Good Afternoon,

I was hoping someone could shed light on this. I have recently started seeing odd cloud shadows on P3D 2.5 and P3D 3,0. The appear to shimmer or look wavy with light streaks running through them. Also when on the ground, they appear to run away from the aircraft and appear and disappear as I pan. Is there something I am missing here? Thanks.

Brian A. Neuman

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the L-M forums someone suggested increasing the cloud and shadow distance sliders to stop or control this.

Cheers

Ye im getting the same, i thought it was a Mesh thing like the scenery pealing or something.  Glad its not just me.  Maybe a little hotfix will sort this,  not a big deal  

Well, I got rid of my old Radeon 7850 Card and installed a new GTX980Ti (EVGA) today, and oh lord, shadow problems....gone...performance...way up. That old card was holding me way back. I can honestly say as of right now, the use of Tesselation in both 2.5 and 3.0 makes me so happy.

Well, I got rid of my old Radeon 7850 Card and installed a new GTX980Ti (EVGA) today, and oh lord, shadow problems....gone...performance...way up. That old card was holding me way back. I can honestly say as of right now, the use of Tesselation in both 2.5 and 3.0 makes me so happy.

Welcome to the World of the 980ti Brian.. and it Really IS a different World in V3!    :Applause: