Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Weird Shadows

Good Afternoon,

I was hoping someone could shed light on this. I have recently started seeing odd cloud shadows on P3D 2.5 and P3D 3,0. The appear to shimmer or look wavy with light streaks running through them. Also when on the ground, they appear to run away from the aircraft and appear and disappear as I pan. Is there something I am missing here? Thanks.

Brian A. Neuman

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2 and Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X and 4.X. Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB SSD for Flight Simulators

In the L-M forums someone suggested increasing the cloud and shadow distance sliders to stop or control this.

Cheers

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

I will take a peek.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2 and Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X and 4.X. Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB SSD for Flight Simulators

Well, I got rid of my old Radeon 7850 Card and installed a new GTX980Ti (EVGA) today, and oh lord, shadow problems....gone...performance...way up. That old card was holding me way back. I can honestly say as of right now, the use of Tesselation in both 2.5 and 3.0 makes me so happy.

Brian A. Neuman

Well, I got rid of my old Radeon 7850 Card and installed a new GTX980Ti (EVGA) today, and oh lord, shadow problems....gone...performance...way up. That old card was holding me way back. I can honestly say as of right now, the use of Tesselation in both 2.5 and 3.0 makes me so happy.

Welcome to the World of the 980ti Brian.. and it Really IS a different World in V3!    :Applause:

Stupidly expensive rig, nonplussed Memsahib, disinterested offspring and a fascinated cat as Rio.  XP11, P3Dv3 and an Oculus Rift.