Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

No news from the developer in two month... 

Someone say a update will arrive before 2016... were it is?

Here smell abandonware.

The main issue is there's no real alternative to this software

Well, there is some atc software more. And with MCE you can use it with voice recognition. But yes, voxatc is in theory the best atc addon for FS. But in practic is full of bugs.

This is not a 20$ software, is much more expensive.

Is legal to sell a software and do not give any support? 

P3D V3 is is officially unsupported, so no legal terms here. There are other softwares, but they don't have speech recognition, or ground control, or weather alertness, or correct phraseology. That's why I can't believe this is being abandoned, I think other developers could buy the project and integrate it with their software. It's a bit buggy (V3 is mostly a matter of wrong installer) but it works pretty well when in supported environment.

See http://www.avsim.com/topic/475869-voxatc-and-p3d-v3/?p=3 for background

Short and sweet:

Flew One of the most enjoyable flights in years ...probably because it included all of my understanding of flight, navigation, VFR and IFR, chart reading and approaches thus far. It stressed my skill set to the max.

A VoxATC- FO OFF, very enjoyable two hour flight from KDFW to KHOU

with FS2crew OFF,

cold and dark, PMDG NGX, gate to gate,

flight plan created with Aivlasoft EFB,

killed AP after Rwy 12R approach Clearance and

hand flew her down....GRINNNNNNN

Thanks for the route, KMan!

LOVIN' It!!!

Cheers

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I was doing a little snooping around yesterday and found that Tegwyn is a software developer in his mid 50's residing in the UK. Now it is possible that maybe he is having some health issues (as those of us in that age group sometimes have) and that  may be what is slowing down development and hindering communication. For his sake, I hope that is not the case. For our sake, I hope that he hasn't decided to call it a day on VOX.

NAX669.png

Tegywn is alive and kicking as I have been talking to him about an ADE issue.  He did meniton that P3D V3 was in work but did not give a timescale.

Ken

Well, that's good news. I'm looking forward to an updated version but I'd be perfectly happy with what we have working in P3Dv3.

NAX669.png

Tegywn is alive and kicking as I have been talking to him about an ADE issue.  He did meniton that P3D V3 was in work but did not give a timescale.

Ken

Maybe he's waiting for P3D v4 to release the v3 edition. Why he doesn't answer our emails?

Maybe he's waiting for P3D v4 to release the v3 edition. Why he doesn't answer our emails?

¿Maeby he is waiting for P3D v5? LOL

¿I am the only one i have notice voxatc is abandonware?

¿Maeby he is waiting for P3D v5? LOL

¿I am the only one i have notice voxatc is abandonware?

Apparently, since about three or four posts up, SocttecLEMD states that he has been in contact with Tegwyn and says there is an update coming.

NAX669.png

Apparently, since about three or four posts up, SocttecLEMD states that he has been in contact with Tegwyn and says there is an update coming.

I like to be right, but in this case I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

I like to be right, but in this case I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

I would hate to lose VOX for future P3D versions. I really have come to enjoy this program.

NAX669.png

With Migratin tool, for me too,  no problem with p3d 3.1.

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars