Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

PROATC-X v1.7 Released

Just to correct my previous comment... the cruise altitude does indeed transfer when importing a flightplan in SB3 format.  However, if you Re-Calculate the route or change the assigned aircraft, the cruise altitude reverts to the Max Cruise Altitude specified in ProATC's Aircraft Details database.  Since you can't specify the aircraft before importing the flightplan, the altitude will probably need to be amended unless you fly the same type of aircraft all the time.

M.D.

One question - does this mean that, irregardless of the distance, ProATCX always assigns the highest cruising alt according to it's aircraft database, meaning that, for instance on a short 150 NM route I can expect FL390 for an A320 ?

And, btw, another question - how does it cope with VFR flights ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Just a couple of questions :

1/Is it possible to run Fsx in full screen mode with ProAtc-x ?

2/Is ProAtc-x can to manage VFR too ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Hello Richard!

1) Like Tom/tf51d already mentioned: You can run the sim in full screen with ProATC running in the background.

2) VFR isn't supported. Only IFR and for best results, SID/STARs should be available at the airports.

... If I am heavy and can't make it initially, then I would expect to use step climbs, yes, but wouldn't I request those en route? Or perhaps that's what you meant? ...

Pete

Than is what I meant. You have the initial altitude in your ProATC flight plan. Once you having cruising long enough to climb again, you ask for a higher altitude. On shorter flights, no need to execute step climbs.

... However, if you Re-Calculate the route or change the assigned aircraft, the cruise altitude reverts to the Max Cruise Altitude specified in ProATC's Aircraft Details database.  Since you can't specify the aircraft before importing the flightplan, the altitude will probably need to be amended unless you fly the same type of aircraft all the time.

M.D.

Good point! I haven't noticed this as I have generated a generic profile, that works for flying both the A320 and B737 so I only change the profile, when I fly the MD11. This might be something to fix/improve somewhere down the line.

One question - does this mean that, irregardless of the distance, ProATCX always assigns the highest cruising alt according to it's aircraft database, meaning that, for instance on a short 150 NM route I can expect FL390 for an A320 ?

And, btw, another question - how does it cope with VFR flights ?

1) ProATC assigns you the cuising altitude you have set in your flight plan. By default, ProATC's default cruise altitude in the flight plan window is quite high. The good thing is, that in the bottom left corner, you have the flight plan distance. On short flight you can set your flight level to match the flight plan distance (of course also applying the odd/even flight level rules).

If the flight plan distance is (for example) 230nm, then you could set your flight level to be either FL220 or FL230 and in an aircraft like A320 and B737, you shouldn't have problems with either climb or descent. ProATC will not assign you a higher altitude than the one in your flight plan unless you ask for higher altitude during the flight.

2) Same answer as for the first question in this post: VFR isn't supported. Only IFR and bigger airports. 

Thx for the prompt replies Jarkko!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)