Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

PROATC-X v1.7 Released

Nice to see that ProAtcX has released two more updated since v1.7 (we're now at 1.7.2!). Really getting into the elite category if they keep this up. I wish I was an expert at air traffic control to honestly judge how accurate it is but it isn't stopping me me from loving this program!

Mario Di Lauro

That's actually a good question. How good is the software now?

I don't own it but I remember when it first came it out it, had a lot of promise but was too buggy.

I would like to know if it is a good contender enough to replace radar contact or is it close enough or better ?

Bilal Asif Khan

what should we write in pmdg 737 when using pro flight planner and pro-atc

ekbiekch.clr not working

ekbiekch-x  working

after takeoff climp to 4000 feet then decend to 3000 and bum crash

im not impressed.

ekbiekch.clr not working

ekbiekch-x  working

im not impressed.

If you are a legitimate product user with an issue please post on the official support forum

I'm unable to locate your observation there.

ekbiekch.clr not working

ekbiekch-x  working

im not impressed.

First things first, ProATC doesn't generate the flight plan for you until you have read back your clearance.

Second: Please do the tutorial flights in the manual. This will help you get started.

Third: A bit more details would be appreciated.

What was the flight plan? Which route? Which aircraft profile in use? Which flight level? With this info, I could do the flight for you and post the results on Youtube.

Final words: Please post this info on the ProATC forum with a log attached and will help you get started.

Thanks!

@modano - It's up to you to make sure your flight management computer is programmed correctly to include speeds and altitudes. Are you entering the ProATC flight plan into the FMC as required? When you start up fsx and get your aircraft at the gate, you go to ProATC and right click the flight plan and select fly now. You'll get another window where ProATC will ask you what aircraft you are using. Most of the time, it "sees" your aircraft and selects it for you. Once started, you change your com freq by hitting the <> in the middle of com 1. You then hit the number 1 and request clearance. Your co-pilot will take over and set up your flight panel. You, as the pilot program the FMC. The clearance flight plan is located in Co Route. Look for your departure/arrival airport, something like KLAXKSTLCLR. Click on that and your flight plan will be entered. Go to the next page and enter your performance data, then to the last page to load your flaps and trim settings and your takeoff speeds.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

i tried EKBIEKCHCLR that did not work.

then EKBIEKCH-X in route page and that worked.

one of my friends said i should write CL

strange right?

im not impressed.

Just flew the same route with ProATC 1.7 and I have some good and bad news.

The bad news: My flying sucked today.

The good news: ATC worked without a problem.

I was given the same SID as PFPX had selected. Taxi instructions were N, D to runway 09 (from gate 40).

On departure, initial altitude was 5000. Then a climb to FL110 and FL190, which was my cruise level.

ATC gave me descent before my aircraft's TOD so all good there.

Arrival was TESBI1M to ILS04L. Step downs were FL100, FL070, 4000ft and 3000ft (IIRC). Not once was I given an altitude below altitudes on the plates.

After landing, I accidentally took a high speed exit to the right even though ATC instructed me to exit left. Even so, ATC gave me taxi instructions after vacating.

So a good flight. Please join the ProATC support forum and let's get you up and running!

thanks jarkko. did you write CLR or -X in yhe fmc after route?

Even though this wasn't asked from me and I'm part of the ProATC beta team, here are my two cents:

I have years of usage out of ProATC, VoxATC and RC4, but... When ever I don't feel confident flying online, I will end up using all three for training. Here is why:

- After using ProATC, I'm confident, that I can fly the holds, procedure turns, transitions and maybe even missed approaches as they are meant to be flown (note to self: I should fly missed approaches more often).

- When I don't feel confident enough to speak to ATC, I will do a refresher flight with VoxATC (or with RC4 + It's your plane)

- When I feel like becoming "Children of Magenta", I will fly with RC4 so I know that I can manage without LNAV/VNAV holding my hand.

So what I'm saying is, that at least for me, there isn't an ATC program to rule them all. All have features that I wished the other programs had. It's about using the one that suites your needs or the type of flying you like to do.

Very interesting perspective there, Jarkko.  Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

firstly, please accept my apologies if this is not a correct forum.

I am very curious to buy proatc x after reading its updated version 1.7. However, i had read that proatc x does not use correct call signs for many real world commercial airlines and many are spelled by letters. Is this issue sorted in the version?

I  usually fly european and asian airliners using PMDG 737NGX and PMDG777 in those parts of world.

Ash Nerurkar

Correct, but this will be rectified in the near future :smile:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I had read that proatc x does not use correct call signs for many real world commercial airlines and many are spelled by letters. Is this issue sorted in the version?

Not changed in the new version. Sounds behave as before.

Above alpha117 mentioned that this could change. I would like to add a bit of expectations management:

To support correct airline codes, a real person must sit down and record the correct callsign and all the ATC commands needed.

If you go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes and spend a few minutes reading out loud every callsign on the list, you can start to see, how much work it would be to record only the callsigns, let alone all the things ATC might instruct you to do during a normal flight.

Hope this helps to explain, why this isn't just a minor change.

hey jarkko maybe you could try a flight for me if you have some spare time. i picked up pro-atc based on the recent improvements and dollar->euro strength making the price more attractive than it used to be, and so far it seems pretty solid, i've had 5/6 very successful flights. it seems to have leapfrogged VoxAtc in terms of accuracy with sid/star handling which is nice.

my one bad flight was flying the GPS 18 approach into KTVL ...it resulted in strange problems and instructions. my flightplan ended on HUYJO (iaf) waypoint, and i expected i would just get cleared for the approach as i neared it. but rather than give me the approach clearance it cleared me for an "ils 18" approach which does not exist, and then added a ton of strange waypoints to my flightplan. (is this something that can be disabled? i am expecting vectors, not a new set of points to fly with the GPS.. there is an option in the settings that i think might be related to this but it is not described in the manual for some reason..i noticed it doing this at airports without STARS also, adding a single waypoint at the base turn..)...

it then got very insistent on telling me to proceed to "FIX VOR" which doesn't exist, i think this was one of the intermediate pseudo-waypoints it added, not sure why it refers to it as a VOR, and was trying to vector me towards that even though i was in a perfect position to simply fly the rnav according to the charts.

i get the impression maybe it doesn't handle some cases of RNAV approaches correctly yet, i don't know if it is specific to this airport as that was my first attempt at doing something other than an ILS approach. when i get time this weekend i will try it again to see if i missed something.. and also will be trying the RNAV30 at KSQL which i've flown enough times in the sim to be quite comfortable. 

overall it seems like a solid app and it has potential to be really good. i'm actually a bit puzzled by the inconsistency of the voices, 2 of them sound great but some of them are really bad, and it is unclear why some of those only have half the wav files, from a content-creation perspective it is much easier to record and edit out a script than it is to create an ATC app, so it seems odd they would consider this to be a low priority thing to fix. if anything those voices are the main interface into what it is doing, so it seems it would be worth the trouble to get them right. it's also a bit unclear how to use the app if you are taking off from an uncontrolled airport, in vox atc you can use the unicom to take off and then contact center and go from there, but with this i wasn't really sure if it's even possible.

anyway thanks 

cheers

-andy crosby

Hi Andy

We are aware that the procedures are different in the USA and Europe. this is already stated in the forum as a known issue and we will be looking to refine this in a not to distance update.

We will be looking for valid ProATC users to join the 'Beta' team'  when we start this part of the testing. 

The voices, again we have stated that this is a know issue in the forum, so everyone can see what issues we are already aware of. Stops all these posts everywhere, so this not right, this does not work.!

That why we have a 'known issues' post, makes life easier for everyone, so we thought.

The voices and ATC commands are one of top issues to resolve. Firstly we are currently in the process of writing a better and easier to use 'voice' software. Easier for the user to use. Just read the scripts, record, listen, happy then email back to us. More to the point easier to process from our point of view.

We will be looking for users to record their voice for ATC, Pilot and Co-pilot.

This will be a very 'controlled' process otherwise we will have 100's of users recording, so we will pick the best of the best and use them.

Hope this makes sense.

Anyway, any issues then please come across to the ProATC forum, where we will offer product support and anyone can ask questions and they will get answered. Good team across there with lots of product knowledge who are willing to help

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image