Sign in to follow this  
parsec

Project MD-82 & -83 by A.T.S.

Hello all,

I noticed that we never started here a thread about our MD-82 & 83 project for X-Plane, so probably very few of yours are aware about it.

I started the project in the very beginning of 2013 (you can check the original thread started on the .org at that time) with the well-defined objective to hit the market

with a product provided with a very high level of realism: this mean that the project totally started from scratch (no conversions and/or re-use of existing material)

alongside a long, and still in progress, documentation phase supported by two active MD-82 pilots.

AlfaMike became a member of the team one year ago and since then we totally changed the development process, both in terms of coding languages

and an increased number of simulated systems: of course this means a longer development time, but as I said we want to reach a high level

of realism (we’ll not release a system until we’ll be satisfied enough) and this is the main reason we haven’t yet published a video,

showing something that is incomplete is not in our to-do list.

We'll keep you posted and we're sure you'll be very pleased when you'll watch our first videos.

Thank you

Parsec

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone,

I would like to add a few words about this project: depending on the various configurations, MD-82 and MD-83 have in common around 90% of the systems so we're actually developing both models in almost the same time, even if the main focus is on the 82.

I'm now getting in touch with an active MD-83 pilot in order to start another collaboration, this time aimed to cover all the specific aspects related to the 83.

AlfaMike

• Upvote 1

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Great to see!  I might be able to put to good use all the manuals I still have from my days supporting a fleet of MD-83 and -82!  Keep up the good work

Thank you Will!

Next week we'd publish another one or two videos about APU regarding standard and emergency shutdown, different EGT measurements, ac & dc fuel pump managements and some more. 

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Thank you Will!

Next week we'd publish another one or two videos about APU regarding standard and emergency shutdown, different EGT measurements, ac & dc fuel pump managements and some more. 

Fantastic, we would love to do a review of the product upon release, our X-Plane members (and even the non members) would like to see the features, I am sure.

As a mainly FSX/P3DV3 guy all I can is wow. I'll definitely be reinstalling X-plane just for this plane. I've always wanted a good md-80

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I miss so much my maddog on Prepar3d so i could buy xplane only for this!

Miguel Leandro

Thank you!

Yes we plan to add almost ten liveries or so, they should be Alitalia (old style), Delta (style still to choose), American Airlines (style still to choose), North West, Alaska, Allegiant, SAS, Spanair, Finnair and Eva Air, others are under evaluation so maybe the list could change.

• Upvote 2

SAS and Finnair, seems like dreams do come true :) Thank you. 

Now I just need to wait for the actual release  :good: