Sign in to follow this  
BudderBall

Virtual Airlines

Hi, I have been looking for a virtual airline that is part of an alliance so it will allow me to use it's codeshare routes and still record time flown (preferably Sky Team (even more preferably Delta Airlines)). I would also like an airline that operates a lot of routes and aircraft, especially the 737, 747, and 777, however, (this isn't mandatory), I would like an airline that doesn't require insane amounts of hours to fly these types of planes. Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

-BudderBall

www.deltava.org

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I'll echo Luke's recommendation.  www.deltava.org is the largest VA available with a very active forums.  At any given time there are always people flying under the deltava flag; in fact, on this Sunday morning, there is 67 connections.  I suspect its popularity is based on its blend of realism and freedom; they manage to strike a nice balance between the two.  Plus, their custom ACARS and dispatch systems are second to none, for which Luke is directly responsible.  I've tried other VAs to ensure I wasn't missing anything; however, I always come back to deltava.org.   Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!  

Matt King

You may want to take a look at National here: http://nationalcargova.com/v2 as they may be what you are looking for. They do not make you fly for hours in order to use a payware product you spent money on and wish to fly. They have repaints and a fleet that you can use from your very first flight.

Fleet:
Primary National Fleet:
Boeing 747-400F
Boeing 777-200LRF
Boeing 757-200M (Combi/Mixed) model (Actually Modeled and available at National for the QW/QualityWings 757-200)
(Coming Soon) - CRJ-700/900
DC-8-61F
DC-8-73F

Leased Fleet/Charter Fleet:
Dash-8-Q400
737-200
737-800
727-200F
C-130
Twin Otter/Twotter

Private Jet Charters:
Cessna Citation II
Hawker 850

They also do some pretty amazing events and have a "First of its Kind" Dynamic Needs System. What I mean is, they are contracted by the vUSAF on VATSIM and their system is setup where they literally rely on us to provide them support worldwide where they need it. We must supply them with cargo, weapons, troops, food, aircraft repair parts ECT... If we do not, their ACARS will not allow them to fly their aircraft if it is damaged and they do not have the repair supplies they need to do so (Kind of like FSPassengers) won’t let you fly without your aircraft being repaired when it is damaged. They also are not able to do missions without the proper equipment.

I personally have never seen that before, and I love it!

Also their events are amazing because they give away stuff that is incredible, like for this Operation that is starting tomorrow 10/12/2015 they will be giving away $100.00 to the pilot who completes the most flights.

They also allow Time Accel upto x8 but you will only get the actual time flown, so if you fly a 8 hour flight on x8 sim rate, you will only get 1 hour credit as that is really all you flew. You do not need to use time accel, it is just there to help the pilots who don't have a lot of time due to life, work or school. They are very understanding and will work with their pilots to help them with whatever they need help with.

If your interested, give them a look. If not there are plenty of VA's out there that can offer you what you are looking for. :-)

One more note is they also allow their pilots to fly anywhere in the world since they are a on demand cargo and passenger company. Their ACARS allows you to setup and start your own flight if it is not in the system.

Take Care!

How important is the VA alliance requirement for you? If not, have a look at Platinum Airways. We apply Open Skies, which means that you can fly any mission of choice with the aircraft of choice at the time of choice. Our only conditions: min 18 years of age, first PIREP within 2 weeks and at least one flight a month (or request LOA). So if you want, you can fly a full Delta schedule, with AC in Delta livery if that is important to you. And you can fly a 777 immediately, without having to take a test or a flight hours requirement. In addition, we offer current and vintage Military missions, cargo flight suggestions and an often cheeky Destination of the Week that usually takes you to airports you would not visit. We are offline by default, but are a VATSIM partner airline. PIREPs are done on the basis of trust through a webform as you would only fool yourself by claiming flights you didn't fly. We have an extensive fleet with freeware and payware AC, custom AI traffic packages, etc. In short: we are a VA that focuses on its pilots, and not the other way around.