Sign in to follow this  
gfd

MyTraffic and Ultimate Traffic 2

Dave you know what the answer is, stop being pedantic. They are the repaints that anyone, yes ANYONE can go onto the avsim library, Jurgens website and flying carpet download them and spend the hours and hours I have spent updating the ut2 gui with them.

14ppkc-6.png

Should make a correction. I meant MyTraffic live schedules. They were discontinued, as far as I know, when version 6 came out. There is talk about reintroduction.

I have a couple more questions:

Flic was kind enough to mention how he substitutes UT2 aircraft into MTX. Want to make sure I have this right.

-copy substitute aircraft into MyTraffic folder.

-change titles in aircraft.cfg to match entries in MTX.

-change those entry names in MTX to avoid duplication

-if MTX has entries, say for different engine variants, and the sub aircraft doesn't; can you duplicate an entry in the substitute aircraft.cfg, changing only the title?

Is there an easy way to figure out the liveries and flight plans the Daedalus aircraft are used for to replace them? Or do you have to hunt?

I replaced the UT2 American Airlines aircraft with WOAI. The interface for updating the database is excellent. I wanted to just replace the liveries, but there doesn't seem to be a library of UT2 replaints. Does such a thing exist? Would I have been better off replacing the airline (models, schedules, et al) as opposed to just the models and paints?

There is no 787 in UT2. My understanding is that the software uses a 777 instead. I have downladed a 787. Is there a way to determine which flights should use a 787 so i can substitute?

If any or all of this is in the manual or tutorials elsewhere, please point me there with my thanks.

Sorry to stray off topic here.

Dave you know what the answer is, stop being pedantic. They are the repaints that anyone, yes ANYONE can go onto the avsim library, Jurgens website and flying carpet download them and spend the hours and hours I have spent updating the ut2 gui with them.

It's more a case of saying that it's "your" update. Sure you've spent some time adding repaints and updating plans etc which I know can be time consuming, but others don't understand that. Many would see "your" update as being your work which just isn't correct.

Being able to share what you've done so that others can enjoy the benefits of updated liveries and plans etc is fantastic, but credit needs to go where credit is due. For every hour you have spent updating your collection of AI, the guys who actually did the work creating those paints and plans etc have worked 10 times longer, probably more.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'm bumping my own post here. My apologies. I attempted to replace MyTraffic aircraft with those from UT2. I now have no B772 at CYYZ. That's not possible. Therefore, I messed up. Could you give me a step 1...step n, get this done. You've all been very helpful and I thank you.

A handful of models in UT2 are indeed licensed from MyTraffic (eg. Bae 146/ATR/CRJ). However, they are significantly inferior in quality to the other UT2 models, which is why I have replaced them with better quality versions.

Funny as they don't show lights at night in ut2 either!

Helo, i have ut2 with p3d v3.2.3 and i notice from distance glowing aircrafts in the air, its looking like ufo's from distance, any tip to resolve this? Some settings, thanks