Sign in to follow this  
darth_damian_000

Airport Configuration?

On a bright sunny day, I am approaching O'hare airport. I am relatively new to flight simming, so I was amazed to see that my flight is going well. I had my entire route plugged in correctly, the STAR that I entered on my PMDG 777 FMC matches exactly to the approach chart for runway 28C. When I am at 2000 feet, I see the unimaginable. No Runway 28C. In fact, O'hare airport in P3D v3 uses a configuration from 2006 :| Regarding this scenario, I do have a few questions.

1) In 2006, KORD had a runway 27L, which is currently present in P3D. This runway, however, was renamed to 28R. If I am playing P3D, and want to land on RWY 27L, will I have to select the STAR for RWY 28R on my FMC? (I have the 1511 AIRAC cycle).

2) Will buying the actual airport scenery (from FS Dream team, for example) make the runways more accurate? Will the STARS programmed in the AIRAC cycle correspond to the add-on airport's runways?

I appreciate the time you spend reading, as well as any helpful feedback, as I continually learn how to, dare I say, fly the 777 :)

Thank you. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSDREAMTEAM KSFO O'Hare would be for you.

The payware airport is as accurate as the data the dev team had at the time of the airport creation.  Sometimes they develop  with some future data available to them.   I believe they made their airport after the 2006 updates to the real world one so it should have latest info.

If you don't want a payware version you can edit the existing AFCAD to be more accurate using soft like ADE (Airport Design Editor).