Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

Struggling to find out why - A2A & Carenado pull hard right

I finally had time to load and test P3dV3 and I am quite impressed on how smooth it runs.

I managed to load NGX and as always a dream to fly.

MT6 loaded fine.

But I am having extreme issues with all three of these; A2A-172, Cherokee, and Carenado 337 Skymaster.

I am not sure what happened but all of these are not flyable.

They all pull hard right down the runway and then also on climb.

I also installed Twin Otter Extended before them and I did not have any issues but I forgot to test the Otter once again after installing the others.

I have tried to correct the issues by unchecking Gyro and also setting the controls to easy mode and still they pull hard!

I also deleted and installed them 2 or 3 times with the new A2A installer and still no Joy.

Also I am using a joystick and no yoke

Any help will be appreciated.

Nick

Nick Sciortino

I believe this has to do with the real physics built in.  I recently watched a video from Angle of Attack, where they used a Carenado C172 for the flight and the narrator stated that you had to force some rudder into the takeoff to counteract that pull, which was also stated that this happens in a real aircraft.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

That wouldn't account for the Skymaster as it's a centreline twin with torque compensating rotation for the front/rear engines.

Probably a control assignment conflict.

Are the aircraft all V3-compatible versions ?

It's a correct in Cessna 172 and Cherokee - you should use rudder to compensate for P-factor - please read Wikipedia page describing this effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-factor

In case of AccuSim A2A planes - changing P-factor settings in FSX may not alter aircraft's behavior (P-factor may be simulated outside of FSX).

As louisdecoolste said - it should not be an issue in Skymaster - you should check your controls in a default jet - if you do not see the same tendency - than the controls are fine.

Shouldn't the Cherokee pull to the left on the take off roll? It certainly did for me in P3D v2.4. Anyway, this "severe pull to the right" issue has been noted by a large number of P3D v3 users (including myself). What puzzles me is that I corrected it with the Baron last night by setting the wind speed to zero, but this was NOT the case when I first installed P3D v3. This happened after I had removed FSUIPC 4.947c (because it caused a severe "rudder hard over to the right" problem with the PMDG 737NGX).

To be honest, I don't know what the hell is going on at the moment, but at least my 737 is now flyable!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My C182 pulls to the left, sorry for the misunderstanding but the premise is the same...P-factor will cause the pull and yes, changing the p-factor setting does not reduce the pull at all.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Shouldn't the Cherokee pull to the left on the take off roll? It certainly did for me in P3D v2.4. Anyway, this "severe pull to the right" issue has been noted by a large number of P3D v3 users (including myself). What puzzles me is that I corrected it with the Baron last night by setting the wind speed to zero, but this was NOT the case when I first installed P3D v3. This happened after I had removed FSUIPC 4.947c (because it caused a severe "rudder hard over to the right" problem with the PMDG 737NGX).

To be honest, I don't know what the hell is going on at the moment, but at least my 737 is now flyable!

Yes planes like the Cessna and Cherokee pull to the left because of P factor. Some  right rudder should counteract that, and it should be pretty controllable unless you have a very strong crosswind from the left at the same time causing a weather vane issue adding to the P factor. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you are using FSUIPC to control inputs, chances are there's a controller input conflict for the specific aircraft. Rudder or differential braking would be my first checks. Obviously strong crosswinds could cause the issue too.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I believe this has to do with the real physics built in.  I recently watched a video from Angle of Attack, where they used a Carenado C172 for the flight and the narrator stated that you had to force some rudder into the takeoff to counteract that pull, which was also stated that this happens in a real aircraft.

-Jim

Forcing the rudder does not work, thank you

That wouldn't account for the Skymaster as it's a centreline twin with torque compensating rotation for the front/rear engines.

Probably a control assignment conflict.

Are the aircraft all V3-compatible versions ?

The A2A aircraft both the 172 1nd the Cherokee have V3 installers, the Skymaster installs with no issue by asking where to install. In fact the Sky master was installed first, before the A2A planes and I am almost sure I did take a test flight to insure all was ok and I remember that it flew straignt at that time.

It's a correct in Cessna 172 and Cherokee - you should use rudder to compensate for P-factor - please read Wikipedia page describing this effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-factor

In case of AccuSim A2A planes - changing P-factor settings in FSX may not alter aircraft's behavior (P-factor may be simulated outside of FSX).

As louisdecoolste said - it should not be an issue in Skymaster - you should check your controls in a default jet - if you do not see the same tendency - than the controls are fine.

Good point, I will check a default plane out tonight.

This is a really good point as I loaded FSUIPC 4.947c also but I am not sure if it was before the skymaster or not.

Yes planes like the Cessna and Cherokee pull to the left because of P factor. Some right rudder should counteract that, and it should be pretty controllable unless you have a very strong crosswind from the left at the same time causing a weather vane issue adding to the P factor.

No weather was added.

Nick Sciortino

If you are using FSUIPC to control inputs, chances are there's a controller input conflict for the specific aircraft. Rudder or differential braking would be my first checks. Obviously strong crosswinds could cause the issue too.

Vic

No sir, I have nothing set to FSUIPC as of yet, in fact I have NO IDEA as how to use it as of yet, I just installed it

Nick Sciortino

They are been more than a few problems on two P3D Facebook group pages in the last week or two with controls in V3, symptom is pulling to one side. I believe it also has been mentioned on the LM P3D forum, but not positive. If I remember correctly it isn't usually confined to one aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Perhaps a suggestion here might help:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113860

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Perhaps a suggestion here might help:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113860

Vic

Vic - Thanks for the link, just read it and I have more testing to do again this weekend. This morning I remembered I tried to install the QW146 that does not have a v3 installer and has issues with it. I think I will begin by checking the default aircrafts for the issue. Then I will begin by removing the 146, both A2A and Skymaster aircrafts and the FISUPC addon and start over with the NGX and Twin Otter and see what happens. If the issue is still there the Otter will be removed next.

Nick Sciortino

Well all is well again, I think I found the cure.

I began by testing the default aircrafts and they performed normal.

I then checked my installed aircrafts and I also found an additional install I did not mention earlier, Carenado Phenom 100.

Deleted QW146 and Carenado Phenom 100 and everything returned back to normal.

The A2A and Skymaster are all running correctly.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Nick Sciortino