Sign in to follow this  
giib

Advice Please

Hi Guys 

I've been away from FSX for about 4 years due to Illness etc but i'm now ready to return .

It'll be a fresh install with a GTX 670 video card .

I'm just after some advice for any cfg tweeks and scenery addons to purchase

MESH

WEATHER ENGINE

CLOUDS

and any must have products  .

Thanks in advance .

Malcolm Rouse

INTEL X58, CORE I7 920, LOW LATENCY 6G RAM, ANTEC 300 CASE, SAMSUNG SPOINT 1TB, HDD VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB, SAMSUNG S222A - 22X DVD+/-/RW, NOCTUA NH-U12P, ATI RADEON 5870 1024MB, WIN7 64, FSX , TRACKIR 5 , X52 ,SAMSUNG 32" HDTV , 19" TFT.

No brainer for me Malcolm, although others may have preferences.

MESH - ORBX FTX, Global, LC (include HD Trees)
WEATHER - Active Sky

Clouds - probably REX Soft Clouds

Nige

Welcome back to the land of flying Malcolm!

For mesh, it's a toss-up between Freemesh (freeware, forum threads here for support) or Pilot's FTX Global Ultimate (Because you might as well have the world, right?).  For weather, it's a toss-up between ActiveSkyNext or Opus.  If you plan on flying any PMDG aircraft, it's almost a necessity to use ASN.  For environment (as clouds are just a part of the whole picture), you can't go wrong with REX products.  I use the Soft Clouds, in conjunction with ASN, producing some very realistic weather.

Good luck and again, welcome back.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

If you want to save some money on the weather engine:  FSrealWX lite  (free and very nice).

Bert

What Bert said ^^

Personally,  I like Orbtx Scenery + ASN weather engine + Rex-texture  

If you want to save some money on the weather engine:  FSrealWX lite  (free and very nice).

I don't think that FSRealWX lite is available any more.  I think it's a trial version of FSRealwxPro.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for the replies , after chatting with an old flying chum I've decided to try P3D .

Malcolm Rouse

INTEL X58, CORE I7 920, LOW LATENCY 6G RAM, ANTEC 300 CASE, SAMSUNG SPOINT 1TB, HDD VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB, SAMSUNG S222A - 22X DVD+/-/RW, NOCTUA NH-U12P, ATI RADEON 5870 1024MB, WIN7 64, FSX , TRACKIR 5 , X52 ,SAMSUNG 32" HDTV , 19" TFT.