Sign in to follow this  
Olbalbal

Frequent Uncommanded Pauses

Flying the A2A Comanche, the Quest Kodiak or the default aircraft, FSXse paused itself frequently. If I am in full screen mode, It take me to the Windows screen. Although,Task Manager has the sim still running. If I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del a second time, I go back to the sim.

Running FSX in a window just pauses the sim and hitting "P" gets it going again. I have been using FSXse for half a year and never had this problem till this week.

Paul Thorpe thought it would be caused by another application running in the background.  I did go to W7 help and they said that I could see any applications running in the background by going to Task Manager and clicking the applications tab. There is nothing listed there except FSX, so my uncommanded pauses must me due to something else. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

It's almost certainly another program running intermittently in the background (like antivirus) that's doing it. In task manager, don't just look at the applications tab, go to the processes tab and set it to view processes for all users. It will show you which processes are using processor time and gives you a better idea of what's really going on. There's also a setting in FSX that you can toggle which pauses the sim if a background process runs.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I hope you have "Pause on Task" unchecked in your settings.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you for those suggestions. I will work on that and post if it helps.

Tuke

Thank you all....problem solved. I did have "Pause on Task" checked. Unchecking it solved the problem. Many thanks for your help.

Tuke