Sign in to follow this  
SUBerben

FSX vs P3D

Hello Captains,

I see more and more posts here about P3D for the NGX users. I'm still running it on FSX, and I'm curious to know what is the big advantage to pay 200$ for P3D ?

Thanks for you comments,
Benoit,

I just done the transfer and wow go for it dude. FSX has nothing on P3D. just get the academic license

Vernon Howells

If  you got no issues  with fsx  and  are happy  with it  than just stay where your  are,  cant  see  why would  you change, if  you do change  you have  to make sure all you addons  will work plus  than  you have  to pay again for  the ngx   

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The swap was a bit annoying to be honest, with regards to price and repurchasing, but I hope there is a long term future with P3D. I have only P3D v3 installed for 2 weeks so too early to say. It looks and feels a lot like FSX, but it hasn't CTD yet so lets see. A little bit smoother, and slow frame rates are smoothed out more.

You would expect a few improvments on stability, over clasic FSX, but I am hoping that the SE-FSX will force some competition.

The weather effects are better. For example when flying in fog, or flying above fog, there is just a thick blanket of cloud a bit like the real thing. You get some nice fading of atmophere as you look to the distance.

I willl probably get more add on scenery for P3D v3, as they have managed the way scenery loads up, in a more effective way.

My biggest conserns on P3D are the new versions  and re-purchasing to come. And the compatibility of add-ons over time. If v3 is the focus for a few years then great.

Benoit - Froogle did a few good videos on P3D2.5 and v3, you have probably seen them?