Sign in to follow this  
Adam Reed

New System for P3D

Hi all

Im currently in the process of selecting my new system components for P3d, and have no idea if i should go for Win 7/8/10 for my new rig. 

Can anyone tell me if Win 10 is a no go??

Cheers

Adam

You'll be fine with Windows 10. I have had zero problems using FSX-SE, XP10, P3d V2.5/V3 or any of my addons. Some people think that Win 10 is being a bit too invasive in extracting information about your computer use, but most of that can be turned off. It's not like MS is stealing your credit card and bank account information. Windows 8 is definitely a no go, because it will cause you to lose your joystick in mid flight (which is not very helpful).

W10 is no better and no worse than W7 with the exception of the "phoning home" issues. Most can bet turned off but not all. For no other reason that that, I'll stay with w7. I see nothing beneficial in moving to w10.

As far as working with P3D - many people are having trouble free operation, altho a few have had issues, generally with drivers and/or controllers.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks all, much appreciated. 

Think i'm gonna go for Win10 on the build then.. 

:dance:

Adam