Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Learjet trim and passenger door questions

Firstly, I'm having a strange issue with the elevator trim...after landing I can't get the trim back in the takeoff range.

With regards to the passenger door, when I close it by clicking on the door from inside the cabin, the top latch stays up. Thus, I have to operate the door from the control panel to get the open door light to extinguish.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the heck out of this aircraft.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Will look into these after work and get back to you.

Tried to get the pitch to do what your saying with no luck as it seems to be working fine.

The door instructions can be read from the user manual or the aircraft option panel for on the fly help.

The reason the upper latch will not latch is because the motor clamp must pull the door tight. There is a small switch on the lower section of the door and once engaged you will hear the motor. After you latch the upper latch you then need to flip the switch back in case of an emergency so the passengers can get out quickly buy opening the upper and lower latch. The upper latch again will not open unless you do release the motor latch. Also in the aircraft options panel you can simply click the door and the lock for an easy way to use the door procedure. But for the interior we made this like the real aircraft. If the latches are not locked but the door is closed the warning light will display on.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, I had a problem with the pitch trim not working for me this evening. I loaded the aircraft and set it to cold and dark via the control panel. Interestingly, when you do that, that turns the Pitch Trim Switch to the "Primary" position from the OFF position. Now when I started playing around with this, I found that if you keep holding the trim up or down button on your yolk (or via any other means), while the needle stops when it hits full deflection, it seems as though the trim keeps going. I found I had to hold the trim button going in the opposite direction for some time before the needle would budge again.

What I think might help would be to default the pitch trim position to the centre (TO) position. Also, select cold and dark from the aircraft's control panel should not set the Pitch Trim switch to PRI. I'm thinking that might actually cause it to become stuck.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys. I usually operate the door from the control panel but tried it from the inside once and had issues. But you explained why. You really got down into the details modeling this thing didn't you? ;)