Sign in to follow this  
bjapp677

Light Sensor (top left white box) causes "flash" in P3D V3

Hi all:

I started to use P3D v3 rencently and something I found wiered. The Light Sensor (or the little white box at the top left of the screen) MAY cause a quick white flash of the screen everytime I press a view changing botton (changing between inside or outside aircraft and/or to use EZdok hotkeys).

I tried to find out where the flash comes out and I accidentally clicked on the box and pulled it out bigger a little bit, the white flash changes from whole screen to where the bigger box is. So I resume it should caused by the box. Nothing to do with V-Sync either.

I need your advise pls.

Bai Jian

Updated what I just did: right click the little box, undock it, and move it out of the screen by mouse, and the white flash disappeared!

Bai Jian

Thanks, great find! Anyone ever find a better solution to this problem?

I don't mind the light sensor box at all, it's very small... But using the latest Ezdok with p3dv3 gives me a bright white flash when changing views. Undocking the light sensor window fixes the issue, but I only have one monitor so it takes a while to drag the whole undocked window off screen.

I'd prefer to just leave it there, docked and tiny, but the flashes are quite annoying, especially when changing views a lot at night.

Any other ideas?

EDIT because I didn't pay attention to the forum I posted into: I personally get this problem in the PMDG 777 (I don't own the 737 for P3D yet) but I have to assume that all PMDG aircraft that feature the light sensor window get this problem.

Edited by PhilH