Sign in to follow this  
Cjr60611

FSX:Steam along with Prepar3D V3

Just converted to Prepar3D V3 from FSX:Steam the other day and I'm running into a bunch of compatibility issues (not surprising).  For the longest, I was running FSX:Steam along side boxed FSX with not many issues.  However, in my quest to improve FPS I started to realize the boxed FSX was confusing my add-ons slowing the system down.  Decided to remove boxed and that's when the fun began!  Gave up on FSX and bit the bullet on Prepar3D.  Started trying to load add-ons and ran into a bunch of registry problems (add-ons looking for FSX that had been removed).

Long story short - I wiped my system last night (total restart under Windows 10).  Going to reinstall Prepar3D today but, I'm wondering;

Is it beneficial to have FSX:Steam installed side-by-side with Prepar3D?  At least until the add-ons are migrated?  

Just looking for some advice as to the best way to get my add-ons installed in Prepar3D (I realize not all will work).  Any advice is appreciated.  

I'm using Estonia Migration Tool to bring in the FSX:SE aircraft and install various FSX.  The only thing I noticed is that I have run P3D as administrator...

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I'm using Estonia Migration Tool to bring in the FSX:SE aircraft and install various FSX.  The only thing I noticed is that I have run P3D as administrator...

Thanks Bic

That was what I was thinking, install the FSX:Steam and then use the migration tool.  Just wasn't sure if it will work for V3.  

You won't need FSX:SE installed if you are using the migration tool.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato