Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Anyone with working EZDOK on WIN10?

Hey!

Is there anyone with WIN10 and a working EZDOK?

I have bought it and sometimes it starts with FSX but most time not. The middle mouse button works sometimes but the most time not. Or it will work normally for some time but then the keyboard inputs will suddenly not working anymore.

I think it is a great tool, but complete unusable at this time.

I tried to re-download and re-install. All .exe are admins and I tried it with compatibility modes. I run the config.exe as admin before starting FSX as ADMIN. When it works and after a time not, it is useless to start it again. I tried also different versions, 1.15 and 1.17... i am desperate about this addon.

It should be marked in the store with: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH WIN10!

Thank you,

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I'm running Ezdok on Windows 10 in P3D v2.5

Works perfectly fine on my system except for the usual "hiccups" it has with P3D.. Although I did a fresh install of P3D when I upgraded to W10... that  might have something to do with it. Did you try to completely remove Ezdok and then do a fresh install?

Thank you guys!

I installed now beta 1.18.5 and on a 2 hours testflight it worked like a charm!

Lets hope it keep that good work in the longrun :-)

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Aaaaaaaaand its gone...

Suddenly at startup, all views are moved to the left and editor mode isnt working anymore, all other things work "great". No conflicting hotkeys and I think this happens after i had run the config tool.

Ezdok is the crappyest addon I ever have wasted money for.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Klaus - It sounds like you reran the config tool after you had EZDOC running well in post #5, but maybe I'm inferring that incorrectly from post #6.  The config tool only needs to be run once following installation.

In any event, suggest you completely uninstall EZDOC and start over.  Remember to disable UAC and turn Windows Defender off in Window 10 before starting (this is critical).  After you install v1.15 from the store, do not run the v1.15 config tool.  Instead head to the EZDOC forum (here) and download v1.18.7.  The update is not installed by running an .exe file, instead you simply replace the older v1.15 files in the main ECZA folder with the new v1.18.7 files.  After replacing the files, run the new config tool.  After that's done (and wait for the config tool to completely finish), then install the simconnect version supplied with the new EZDOC version you downloaded.

You should then be good to go.  Once you've verified its working, be sure to go back and re-enable UAC and Windows Defender.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Thank you dmiannay! Your overview for updating is very handy, I will keep it if I need to reinstall EZDOK!

After two FSX restarts the editing mode suddenly came back to life! Yes I runned the config tool, I dont touch it again if it is not necessary :-)

Regards

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Glad to hear things have recovered for you, Klause.  The developer appears to have resumed working on EZDOC and I hope he implements updates that make installation easier and more foolproof.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64