Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Overcomplicating the Problem

In my case the problem was a new plane, the Carenado King Air, trying to shake itself apart at about 180 knots. I searched online to see if others had this problem, I checked the pdf manual, I looked at actual King Air documentation .... I applied the Carenado B200 patch ... I fiddled with prop synch and prop lever controls ... Nothing.

Then I remembered Accufeel! It had set a default Vne for this plane of 180 knots. That wa the problem, it should be more like 259.

I always forget about Accufeel, it is so seamless and works behind the scenes, you don't have to install it for each aircraft, the software does that automatically. And I sort of take the wonderful effects for granted. My two top addons for FSX would be FTX Global, and Accufeel.

• Upvote 1

Nice catch. Reading this makes me think of two aircraft whose Accufeel Vne settings I need to check.

Thats very good Paul.   I hope to pick up the Carenado 406 in the coming weeks and Acufeel really sounds like a great Ad On. I see there's loads of different settings for old and young planes to immersive yourself in.  

Another vote for Accufeel.  It does bring a little more immersion to non-A2A Accusim aircraft.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

In my case the problem was a new plane, the Carenado King Air, trying to shake itself apart at about 180 knots. I searched online to see if others had this problem, I checked the pdf manual, I looked at actual King Air documentation .... I applied the Carenado B200 patch ... I fiddled with prop synch and prop lever controls ... Nothing.

Then I remembered Accufeel! It had set a default Vne for this plane of 180 knots. That wa the problem, it should be more like 259.

I always forget about Accufeel, it is so seamless and works behind the scenes, you don't have to install it for each aircraft, the software does that automatically. And I sort of take the wonderful effects for granted. My two top addons for FSX would be FTX Global, and Accufeel.

Has happened to me more than once also, as I have tended to forget that Accufeel is running away in the background. Like you, the first time I encountered a plane trying to shake itself apart, I checked everything except Accufeel! A great addon though!

Bill