Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Big Question about Australia FTX products

I just bought FT YSSY and while it's totally wonderful product, it's only suitable for long-haul flights to SE Asia or NA as I don't have Australian products in my P3D. Therefore, I'd like to add some stuff to my sim, but I need to ask a few questions.

1. Can I use FTX Australia SP4 without FTX Global and FTX Vector?

2. I see that Cairns and Brisbane airports are still v1.4 compatible, but no words about V2.5 or V3.0. Will they work in P3D

3. The same with Melbourne, which is officlially 2.5 compatible, but not 3.0.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

I just bought FT YSSY and while it's totally wonderful product, it's only suitable for long-haul flights to SE Asia or NA as I don't have Australian products in my P3D. Therefore, I'd like to add some stuff to my sim, but I need to ask a few questions.

1. Can I use FTX Australia SP4 without FTX Global and FTX Vector?

2. I see that Cairns and Brisbane airports are still v1.4 compatible, but no words about V2.5 or V3.0. Will they work in P3D

3. The same with Melbourne, which is officlially 2.5 compatible, but not 3.0.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Answers to your questions:

1. Yes. It's a FTX region product which does not require any Global product.

2. Cairns is already fully compatible with Prepar3d v2.5. According to Jarrad (who is the developer) an update for P3Dv3 will be released shortly.

However, Brisbane is a different story. One of the last products which is not even Prepar3d v2 compatible. Wouldn't buy it (I have it and it's a performance nightmare)

3. No official news when Orbx will release an update for P3Dv3 other than the fact that JV said they will update all their products for v3. I would assume it will take some time for it to be updated...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

This should help out a little,

1) Yes FTX Austrailia is a stand alone product and works separately from Global and Vector.

2) They are presently working on installers for all of the airports to bring them up to P3Dv3.  They expect to have them all updated in the next few months

3) Same as number 2 above

Hope this helps some