Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy

EZDOK 1.18.7 and FSX/P3d V3

Afternoon friends....

Have enjoyed using Boxed FSX, the Steam Edition with EZCAD.

With he development of the Steam edition and also the new P3D V3, 

EZDOK has released some newer versions....

Two strange things...

1. The latest version 1.18.7 compatible with both FSZ Steam and P3D V3.

a. After installing per recomendations to be treated as the 1.18.5, 

When running config; After selecting P3D V3 from menu, the following prompt offers to config FSX Boxed or Steam...

Is this a glitch? When selecting FSX option, obviously comes up with error.

These are the sequence of events....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/73E

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/73R

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/73W

and not surprised...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/73d

2. When trying to run FSX SE, sometimes I get this error message and the only way to keep it form crashing my computer Is to log off....

The error messages seem to continue filling the screens.... This only shows the first 30 seconds....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/73w

When I log off and try again it wont happen but will start when I least expect it upon starting FSX SE...

Appreciate any help on this.....

I know that the EZDOK 1.18.5 is a beta but understand the 1.18.7 is the released version.

For reference..

I am using FSX SE and P3D V3 on the same computer but obviously not at the same time....

Will Charles

I had the same problem after switching to FSX SE. Fortunately v 1.17 works perfectly with FSX SE so I've switched back to that for the time being.

Are you sure you're running FSX-SE with administrative rights? Your errors seem to point to a failed memory access due to lack of administrative priority.

I would do the following.

1. Uninstall Ezdok completely.

2. Make sure FSX-SE compatibility is set to "Run as administrator".

3. Install Ezca 1.15 (the file you download from Flight1) and run Ezca config.exe.

4. Install EZCA-Update-1.17.exe. If you don't have this version, there is a link on Simforums (if you can't locate it, send me a PM and I will provide it for you), then run Ezca config.exe.

5. Install EZCA-Update-1.18.exe and, as usual, and run the configurator.

6. Finally, run 1.18.7 using the same procedure (run the configurator at the end).

7. Restart your PC.

If this does not do the trick, I suggest you to register at the appropriate Simforums section and ask or search there. I can't help you with P3D because I do not use it.

Hope this helps

Just to say I run 1.185 and have followed the install procedure to the letter three times but no matter how it is done Ezdok causes a App crash in Windows Event Viewer as soon as it starts...check yours.....however it still seems to run.

The only issue I have is it causes my Airbus to crash to desktop when using the DIR button. This is being caused by the ED software because it does not crash when the ED software is uninstalled . Others have a similar problem as noted on the sim forum but the developer cannot offer a solution at this time. I believe it is being updated peace meal and not full on, it may well not be compatible with Win 10 yet lets hope a solution is found.

All the best

Mark

Are you sure you're running FSX-SE with administrative rights? Your errors seem to point to a failed memory access due to lack of administrative priority.

I would do the following.

1. Uninstall Ezdok completely.

2. Make sure FSX-SE compatibility is set to "Run as administrator".

3. Install Ezca 1.15 (the file you download from Flight1) and run Ezca config.exe.

4. Install EZCA-Update-1.17.exe. If you don't have this version, there is a link on Simforums (if you can't locate it, send me a PM and I will provide it for you), then run Ezca config.exe.

5. Install EZCA-Update-1.18.exe and, as usual, and run the configurator.

6. Finally, run 1.18.7 using the same procedure (run the configurator at the end).

7. Restart your PC.

If this does not do the trick, I suggest you to register at the appropriate Simforums section and ask or search there. I can't help you with P3D because I do not use it.

Hope this helps

Check on all of these..... How about the menu issue running ezdok config for P3D V3?    The first three images?

Shouldnt the menu list "P3D V3 config?"