Sign in to follow this  
IonicRipper

Newb looking for tips on flightplans

vadriver: Does it get rid of the horrible default FSX "turbulence" that throws my 320 around as a mere Cessna?

I dont understand, I checked the disable turbulence option in the settings yet still get the effects of it...

vadriver: Does it get rid of the horrible default FSX "turbulence" that throws my 320 around as a mere Cessna?

I dont understand, I checked the disable turbulence option in the settings yet still get the effects of it...

Yes it does! (Plus a lot of other great things...)

I had REX and OPUS before, never looked back...

• Upvote 1

LABOX4.jpg

Just tried the free trial... Wow, it really changes everything, makes FSX much more immersive! But my framerates took a hell of a hit, with could draw set to maximum as it was before it was down to single digits. Fortunately with the cloud draw set to medium its back to playable fps.

To answer an earlier question, the STAR gets you within proximity of the airport and then there's usually an ATC vector to put you into the approach. You'll see this when you program the FMC in something like the PMDG 737NGX. When you populate the STAR without an arrival runway (which then includes the final approach), the last entry in the flight plan will be VECTOR. The only time you'll pre-populate a complete STAR, final approach and runway is if you're not flying with ATC and traffic.

If you're using something like RC4, ATC will most likely vector you off plan well before you complete the STAR to get you into the traffic pattern. Once you have a runway assignment from RC4, you just reprogram the FMC with the approach to that runway and activate it after getting final instructions.

Sounds a hell of alot more complicated than it really is.

• Upvote 1