Sign in to follow this  
carguy4471

What to use for video recording?

Open Broadcaster, it's free, opens source, it  can do game or screen capture as well as streaming and the ability to configure many settings to suit. Records in MP4 format. I've found it to be much better and user friendly to Fraps and Shadowplay. There are numerous instructional YouTube videos available.

Here https://obsproject.com/

Thank you for the link!  It works awesome!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Can anyone confirm if OBS records any third party special effects on the aircraft (ie. PrecipitFX or 737 Immersion)

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Guest JustanotherPilot

It should, everything you see on the screen it records.

Can anyone confirm if OBS records any third party special effects on the aircraft (ie. PrecipitFX or 737 Immersion)

It should, everything you see on the screen it captures, being free and open source it won't cost anything to try it out.

I REALLY miss FSRecorder's rendering mode in the alpha version for FSX...Too bad development didn't continue through P3D :)

That was truly a have your cake and eat it too tool...

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800