Sign in to follow this  
PhilH

Using Google Photos anyone?

Hi,

I have been using the Picasa application & Google photos online for my flight sim screenshots solution for years. I used to love it when it was Picasa web albums, it worked so well, but now that it has become "Google+ Photos" I find the interface sucks and is a pain to use. I'm really considering switching to Flickr instead.

I used to be very easily able to get a "hotlink", or direct link to the ".jpg" files on Picasa web albums, but I seem to be completely unable to do that using Google+ Photos. It would appear to be possible to hotlink photos using Flickr. Does anyone still use Google and know how to hotlink photos?

Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I often use Blogger to upload screenies, it appears to still use PicasaWeb as a back-end for photos, so you will see a blogger album show up in picasaweb and get links to the photos. Another site I use is photobucket.

Thanks for your help. I've decided that I'm not very happy with the new Google Photos online interface anyway, so I'll be using Flickr. I will still use the Picasa desktop app for organizing though, I quite like it.

Regards,