Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy

PMDG 777 VNAV issue after flight plan request and reload at fl330

Hi Guys and Happy New Years to all!....

I've seen a couple of posts related to this subject but the scenarios seemed a bit different....

Mostly, I am trying to complete a flight I stared a week ago that due to graphics and other unrelated issues haven't been to date.

Long story short, Original flight was from SAEZ, Buenos Aires to KIAH, Houston.

First time made it to just before Panama when I had a graphics issue crash the scenario (Using P3D V3)

Earlier today started from SKCL, Cali using the same portion left from the original flight plan...

Just past Panama.... Graphics crash again....

To avoid taking off again, I used P3D V3's gps location feature to start my flight.

Selected course, elevation and speed....putting me on an intercept of a waypoint from the original flight.

Paused the flight and loaded the SKCL>KIAH flight plan......

Threw a half of the original fuel load since I was about halfway in the flight and was not able to get VNAV going....

Zero Weight, Performance Flight Plan and pretty much all was in the FMC but no legs data to feed VNAV.

I was able to load wind data and update the forecast.....

What if any is the procedure to load a flighg in a similar situation...

Say, in real world, FMC Data is corrupt and has to be reset and data entered again....

Any Ideas?

Status: Just past Panama... FL330, LNAV operational but no VNAV. Destination landing speeds set at Flaps 30

Thank you as always for you insight....

Will Charles

Paused the flight and loaded the SKCL>KIAH flight plan......

Threw a half of the original fuel load since I was about halfway in the flight and was not able to get VNAV going....

Zero Weight, Performance Flight Plan and pretty much all was in the FMC but no legs data to feed VNAV.

Hi, Will,

I once filed a ticket with PMDG on this issue and was informed that loading a flight plan in mid-

flight really should not be enabled at all. It should only work on the ground, and does not work

properly in mid-air, as you found out.

If you use Autosave, which comes with registered versions of FSUIPC, it saves everything includ-

ing the flight plan periodically. Then you can restart after an FSX crash. Also, if you save

the flight manually that will save the flight plan and other data.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I prefer to manually save my flights rather than FSUIPC, which causes problems for some users.

Starting a flight mid-air to avoid the preflight and takeoff is logical, I am sure many curriculums rely on this feature, but you need to set it up by doing at least one preflight and takeoff and once in cruise phase you can play with slew and adjusting waypoints on the LEGS page and fuel remaining to get to the point you want to be at.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks...

Sadly, I am having some bad luck with saves booting up properly, in most cases, Button cursor loss, ezdok loss....

and at time crashes.

I would think that in the real world, there would be such a procedure to reboot the FMC and input the flight info....

Thanks again....

Will

I would think that in the real world, there would be such a procedure to reboot the FMC and input the flight info....

Real world you have three of them. The problem is they are "state machines," which means they cycle through different phases of flight in sequence with no turning back.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ive done this before were Ive had an issue and rather then just quit I preferred to fix it by just reloading the same acft/livery, input all details into FMC correctly only for the VNAV not to initiate,

what you need to do is when in cruise put the acft in a HDG Hold,

In the FMC go to DEP/ARR Page re-enter the dep rwy & sid this should initiate all your VNAV requirements.

Then go to the leg page click on next waypoint you are actually flying to move it to the top execute which will remove all dep details and all should be sweet.

Robert Fluke

• Like 1

Now that is an answer I like and someone who has a problem solving mind...

I'll give it a try.

The Idea has been to me, to be able to solve real world problems in these almost real world aircraft....

In the end, the word Simulation has a very understandable definition.... Simulate!

Just to clarify you need to re-enter all fmc details first before doing as I have mentioned.

It worked for me so hopefully it does for everyone else.