Sign in to follow this  
AndyH23

Aerosoft Airbus SIDS/STARS Database

Hi All.

I note that not all sids and stars are held in the default download within the FMS/CDU. Is there a way of downloading these and updating the data,

Thanks Andy,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes sir, you can purchase NavDafa updates from either NavDataPro or Navigraph.  I believe it's in the manual.  Once installed, you'll have to let the Airbus know which you have via the Airbus Configurator, which is also covered in the manual.

Hope this has been helpful!

If you purchase a Navigraph subscription, you can even load current LIDO charts on your tablet or PC. Then you are up-to-date with the aircraft's FMS data. I used to use PDFs and Goodreader for charts, but it is quite time-consuming to have all airport charts up-to-date. Better to have this done professionally.

If you purchase a Navigraph subscription, you can even load current LIDO charts on your tablet or PC. Then you are up-to-date with the aircraft's FMS data. I used to use PDFs and Goodreader for charts, but it is quite time-consuming to have all airport charts up-to-date. Better to have this done professionally.

I concur. When I first bought the AS Airbus I managed to bumble along with a single cycle of NavDataPro AIRAC data (purchased rather than the default so that I could use it in both PFPX the Airbus) and PDF downloaded charts for about a year. But then I was finding that randomly downloaded charts seldom matched the AIRAC data that I had. So I bit the bullet and bought the 9€ per month Navigraph subscription that gives me matching (and up to date) charts and data. I think it's good value and the charts are a piece of cake to use (with hopefully an Android app soon to compliment their iOS one).