Sign in to follow this  
michal

VOX ATC - the WORST addon I EVER bought!

I have to agree with everything you said. I will add that I was very disappointed to find that, for a program that expensive, it did not include a single printed page of instructions. The help file is helpful but it does not print out in sequence.Concerning the voices, nowhere does it tell you NOT to use the default Microsoft voices. I found by trial and errror that the program included AT&T voices which are a considerable improvement. Not great, not even okay, but an improvement.Does anyone remember Robert McKay's program several years ago, which provided a number of voices IN REGIONAL ACCENTS, was much easier to use (it included a handy chart of the responses you should use.) Unfortuantely, Robert's company apprently ran out of steam when the next version of FS came out with the semi-verbal ATC.I e-mailed my thoughts to Simpilot but, surprise, surprise, have not received a reply. I agree, save your money.

Please tell your friend that I agree with Chris. I have e-mailed my thoughts (mostly negative) to sales@simpilot and not received a reply. The program is not user-friendly and does not live up to its hype. It came wih not one page of printed material and the help files are clumsy and hard to use. I intend to ask pcaviator for a refund.If you or the developer would like to contact me, my address is jwhearst@msn.com

Guest RsZ

With ATT already installed I can say that VoxATC is a huge imporovement to the reallity of flightsimming.Tell me where's the reality where all you can do is push the button instead of real reply to the microphone and set your radios manually...?I agree only with the price which is a bit to high maybe.Anyway, after installing the new voices Im using VoxATC in every flight and Im waiting for a new version with all those improvements!

Jay,Why on earth do you need a printed set of instructions?The program comes, as is. You buy it to replace the normal FS9 confused with 'zig-zag' vectors to your destination. VoxATC is much more realistic to reality.The guy 'Tegwin' (Member of our group) who wrote it, is a 'one man band' and spent a long time writing it. He honed it with the assistance of others in our group, he is still interested in developing it even more. He hasn't given up.He is working now on making the speech box transparent so, don't give up, encourage these guys that have got all our interests at heart and without them flightsim would be nothing short of a *game*.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest flightmaster

Hi All.I hear that Vox Atc is going under and up for grabs! Anyone heard anything?

Guest bobsk8

>I happen to like to find the quickest way to actually solve>my problems with the least amount of emotional heart>wrenching.>>So I'm wondering, just what is it that you get when you stand>on the highest mountaintop and scream "What an awful product>it is that I just bought!", instead of going to the developer>or the company you purchased the product from and asking them>to fix the problems you found or asking them for a refund. >Certainly, the first amendment gives you that right. But I'm>having trouble figuring out what the real purpose is. What do>you get?>>I suppose the cleaner(?) air up there might be refreshing or>something.>>Just wondering.>>ThomasWhat you get is the satisfaction in warning people not to throw away a very large amount of money for a piece of software that you find is unacceptable after you buy it and try it. It's called a review and is used all over the internet on sites such as this and Epinions.com and Consumer reports, etc etc..... It seems lately that there are a few people on this forum that object to anyone that purchases something, and then reports the negative features of the product, when they find that the product is inferior. Kind of like, lets bash the messenger because we don't like the message. If you don't like a review, don't read it and go out and buy the product....... :)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I've tried VATSIM twice, guess what, NO AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS when I wanted to fly, how could you use VATSIM and "Not look back" ? ... let me know when VATSIM has some semblance of coverage say 8AM to 10PM local time in all/most major USA airspaces, then we'll talk;Pay us $20 an hour with bonus and benefits, then we'll talk. What's that? You won't? OK, then you'll have to be satisfied with me taking time out of my FREE time to give you FREE ATC. :) As long as your enjoyment depends on the ATC's availability for FREE, you've no right to be demanding a schedule. People need to get this inside their heads. We don't get paid, we train and dedicate our time to ATC'ing for free, and most of us enjoy doing so.However, I hope you understand why I don't quit my day job to give you full-time ATC. :) Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

>I'm a little suprised to see so many people telling Chris off>and saying only he is to blame for not doing his research.>>The truth is we should not need to reseach a product before>buying it. I certainly don't and would like to think I can buy>something and get a refund it I'm not happy.>Could not agree more Peter, I imagine all those chastising Chris for not doing his research have never purchased a flight sim add-on on its release day, and furthermore none of them will be buying Flight Sim X until they have had a chance to "research" it properly.A customer should be able to buy a product with confidence based on what is advertised and promised by the seller.If the product does not deliver what was promised then surely the customer has a right to complain?Perhaps if a link to the demo had been included in the solicitation email that would have been more beneficial to the customer (although if the software performs as badly as has been suggested, perhaps there is a good reason why it is not)It will be a sad day if we all have to sit infront of our PC's googling everything we intend to purchase to avoid getting ripped off.Perhaps we should focus our energy on ensuring that sellers (of any product) deliver a product that lives up to their promises.SincerelyGarry LewisCYYZ ATC

I think the source is probably another add-on (maybe even using voice recognition) ...just read the reviews for each and decide for yourself ;). Remember, VoxATC does have a 30 day demo so you can try it before buying it. That in itself should put the whole argument to rest... that is if you did actually do any research before buying it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest flightmaster

hi Devon Riviera.Yes it was worth posting in the same way that us simmers would be interested in any other programme going bust if we are currently using it!Check YOUR sources - others are saying the same thing about voxatc.Flightmaster europe.

Guest flightmaster

You could be right. I certainly hope so.Flightmaster europe

There's a post from VoxATC's developer in the unofficial VoxATC support forum clearly stating that VoxATC has NOT gone out of business and has NOT been sold and in fact he is working on the next revision and has a UK version in beta right now. I think that should cover the sources pretty well.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest flightmaster

good news for simmers then. Why isnt there an official support forum?flightmaster europe

>good news for simmers then. Why isnt there an official>support forum?>>>flightmaster europeThere is.............and your on it now!Final comment to you, don't knock people who are actively making this hobby better then 'As Real As It Gets'.Without them, flightsim would only be a GAME.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png