Sign in to follow this  
k1fox

Sound Issue

Hey guys,

I don't know whats wrong but since I bought and installed FSX-SE I have been having an issue whereby the sound would just cutoff mid flight and no matter what, it fails to return. I would have to exit the sim. It doesn't happen in every flight and it certainly is frustrating. I have used Steam's verify integrity function and I have re-installed my sound card drivers. I am getting to the point where I just want to put this simulator down for good.

Hitting the Q key by accident?  If the sound goes off again, try hitting the Q key to see if it comes

back.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If like me your having problems keeping the ATC voice sound volumes stable with FSX Windows 7, try this. It worked for me. Open Control Panel/Sound/Communications, Choose the "Do Nothing" option then Apply. I guess it's reading the ATC as a phone transmission.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

The "Q" keys does nothing when it happens. I'm watching it once again to see if it comes back. I'm ensuring that my sound settings in Fsx  is set to speakers before each flight.

Mine does this too, Usually just with outside engine sounds. For me it seems to be model dependent, especially with the more delicate freeware models.

My Sidewinder 2 joystick was causing the sound device to shift to default primary device from speakers (Realtek HD) everytime it gets disconnected (which happens every time I restart Windows 10). This caused the soundto eventually cutoff. After a couple week thinking that this solved the issue, It happened again with it set to speakers so now I am clueless as to what is going on. I notice that there is plenty background noise and clipping and the sound eventually just cuts out and unable to return no matter what I do. I honestly believe that dovetail has done something that messes up the sound in FSX as this issue has never happened to me in all my years of using the regular version. I have seen other complain about the sound issues like this in their FSX SE as well.