Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

PMDG 747-400 FSX problem

Hi all,

I have just pushed my PMDG 747-400 in Qantas livery out of the hangar after a long period of it being in storage only to find that when I taxi, the nose wheel is turned almost fully to the starboard, making taxiing rather tricky. Anyone have any ideas as to the cause/solution?

Thanks,

Don't know about the cause, sounds like control inputs... fsuipc?

Give engines 3 and 4 full tilt and aim at straight as you can with the asymmetric thrust. Have done worse. ;)

Or wait for V2 ;)

Is the aircraft actually steering in that direction or is it just the Animation?  If the animation is just a little whacky check to make sure Autorudder is disabled and also that "Advanced Animations" are selected in the FSX Display settings menu.  If you continue to have trouble after that submit a support ticket via our Support portal and we can go from there.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Is the aircraft actually steering in that direction or is it just the Animation?  If the animation is just a little whacky check to make sure Autorudder is disabled and also that "Advanced Animations" are selected in the FSX Display settings menu.  If you continue to have trouble after that submit a support ticket via our Support portal and we can go from there.

Hi Paul. The aircraft is actually steering in that direction (starboard) and veering in that direction. The nose wheel is pointing to starboard while the rudder on the tail is straight. It takes a lot of left rudder to keep it on the centre line but once airborne, the aircraft flies true and straight. The first thing I did was to check auto rudder is disabled (it is) and also to check "advanced animations" (selected). I have not touched those settings since I first installed FSX and have not installed anything new or altered anything in FSX or FSUIPC or the PMDG 747 settings.

Edit: I have submitted a support ticket.

That's certainly very odd then.  You might want to consider removing whatever controls your rudder input just for testing purposes even though the rudder didn't appear to be deflected.  If that doesn't help a Remove/Install of the 747-400 would be my next recommendation to see if something corrupted on the installation.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hello Matthew,

I had the same problem many times on different aircraft.

In my case I had to recalibrate all "nose wheel steering" or "rudder" as assigned in FSUIPC.

That worked for me, at least.

Good luck.

That's certainly very odd then.  You might want to consider removing whatever controls your rudder input just for testing purposes even though the rudder didn't appear to be deflected.  If that doesn't help a Remove/Install of the 747-400 would be my next recommendation to see if something corrupted on the installation.

I use the Saitek X-52 joystick/throttle combo. For the rudder, I twist the joystick - I don't have pedals.

Well, the problem seems to have corrected itself. I went back to try it after some hours of study and it worked just fine. Maybe it was just one of those gremlins that pop up from time to time and then disappear as quickly as they appeared?