Sign in to follow this  
carguy4471

Share your skylake overclock settings

For those that are running skylake, would you mind sharing what your setting are, cooling, ram, ram voltages, etc....???

I'm about to finish up my skylake build with a 6600k running an evo 212 and Gskill DDR4 3000 RAM.  I'd love to find a nice stable 4.4 that would be 24/7 safe.  But for everyone else working on or considering a skylake build I think seeing the results everyone is getting would be great.  Myself, I'm not an avid overclocker but certainly not new to it either.  Knowing the methods folks used, the bclk, multis and voltages etc would be really helpful.  

Thanks everyone!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You have a 6600K ... K meaning unlocked multiplier . You don't need to touch blck and all that old school stuff. Just increase your multiplier and increase voltage a little until it's stable. There might be a ram setting too like XMP profile. That might only be with Corsair though not sure.

Test with Intel burn test or prime or whatever else people use these days. I use Realtemp to monitor temps.

Here's some other people's skylake settings

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wQwYMGsSnMpKxrEesNVUSoP7hGykFWw1ygJsxwx64e8/htmlview?pli=1

I think I only saw 1 6600k in there without water cooling and he had his voltages WAY up.     Not much in there for samples related to mere mortals, lol.   

What make motherboard? If Asus, and you're only after a very modest 4.4, just give 5 way optimisation a try, or flip the TPU switch on the motherboard. 

4.4 should be very easy. Multiplier up, adjust voltage accordingly. But don't set the XMP profile for your RAM till after you adjust multiplier and voltage. Not all CPU/motherboard combos can handle the higher XMP setting, despite the fact your RAM alone is rated for it. At 4.4 you shouldn't have any issues though it's a very small overclock.