Sign in to follow this  
Fun

Pactice patterns with VOXatc?

Absolutetly, just request it from ATC. You have the otion to file a flightplan or just do some pattern work. You can even request a local flight where you depart your airport, fly around in uncontrolled airspace (for example some local sight seeing) and then return to your airport by contacting Tower for landing, just like in real life. This is what I like about VoxATC, its not so darn scripted like many other ATC product out there.

The same with SID/STAR, you dont select the exact one before your flight, ATC does based on various conditions. 

Lets just hope for a new p3d v 3 version soon!

Mike

There are several posts dealing with patterns or circuits in this forum but this is the youngest one. So i try to get some help for my problem here.

I am using VoxATC with FSX and my homecockpit after a bit of experimenting very successfully and had some very happy flights and landings. But i am still working on one problem:

When i practice local patterns (or circuits) i never get a clearance for a full stop landing but only for touch & go. I tried each and every phrase in the different legs of a pattern (downwind for full stop (landing), request full stop (landing), on final for full stop (landing)) but allways the same, either "say again" or "unable at this time". The funny part is, that after clearence for touch & go VoxATC orders (in red letters) to "taxi clear of runway" as soon as i touch the runway. But when i do this no choice to report "vacated runway" or "request taxi instructions or taxi to park". But - the runway keeps blocked for other traffic, regardless if i taxi off the runway or perform a real touch & go and rejoin the pattern.

Anyone any idea what i am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Uli

Expert is supposed to be more flexible, and your phrases should work. One it definitely recognizes on Downwind: "(Call sign) Left (or right depending on pattern) downwind for runway __ full stop this time."

Expert is supposed to be more flexible, and your phrases should work. One it definitely recognizes on Downwind: "(Call sign) Left (or right depending on pattern) downwind for runway __ full stop this time."

Thanks for your advice. I tried it and indeed - it worked. I just never used the words "... this time" before. Sometimes not easy to find the right phrase. Do you know if there is any tutorial especially for VoxATC phrases? Or is there any file which contains a list of the mandatory words for the different situations? I already analyzed the html-files in the VoxATC folder but they list only part of the phraseology.

Thanks again

Uli

Hi DocFlying,

I've never seen a list. I flew for years in the standard mode before switching to expert. I still go back if I get in trouble. It can be very picky at times, but short of VatSim, it is the closest thing to real ATC that I've seen.

Hi DocFlying,

I've never seen a list. I flew for years in the standard mode before switching to expert. I still go back if I get in trouble. It can be very picky at times, but short of VatSim, it is the closest thing to real ATC that I've seen.

Hi Mad Mac,

yes, i agree, VoxATC is by far the best peace of software for offline ATC. So we all hope, that Tegwyn will publish an update soon.

Uli