Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

Fifty-One Dollars!

Guest Kingair315

That is also why I never eat at the Claim Jumper, and in this area, you'd spend $75 or more, and for me they have too much salt in their food.

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------------I bought the PMDG 747 and now its in the hanger. For me..its too much of a work to fly the plane.-----------------------------------------------It does not have to remain in the hanger. You can still enjoy it by aliasing it to the default 747-400 panel. Or you can download a freeware panel and use that. Just rename the original PMDG panel folder to "panel PMDG" or something like that. Theres no need to delete it (you might want to come back to it!)Now just create a new panel folder and stick the new panel files in there (or alias it)...your choice!This way you can fly your cool new PMDG 747 in simple fashion with no complex panel do deal with...go fly, enjoy the visual model and pretty wingviews!And if it makes you feel better: I bought the PMDG NG737 & Flight1 ATR solely for the visual model and collection of airline skins! I use simple freeware addon panels for both! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contri...y/corkysm20.gifJust gimme a nice lookin plane & wingviews and its all good!Hmmm come to think of it this C-130 looks sweet!

Guest Kingair315

Well, I buy lots of addon's that sell for $5-15 and Ive only bought a few over the years for $29 + and those are ones you can get a LOT of use from IE, utilities which can be used with all aircraft, FSNav, etc. The only aircraft Ive spent more for was Eaglesofts Citation X... and Im so satisfied with it, that it'll be a long time before I "need" another aircraft. Though as I prefer GA or Props, am getting the B1900, $20, cause the entire prices is a donation to Salvation Army to help with the Hurricane.

Lets just hope and pray that Microsoft AREN'T reading this thread?If they do, then who knows how much they will want to charge for FS-10?Perhaps $50 for each aircraft even?? I wonder how many will agree then?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest MarkM

>Captain Sim can charge whatever they like (or whatever they>think the market will bear, which is not the same thing), but>with them it's not just a price issue - as we see every time>CS gets mentioned in these forums there are those of us who>have been grossly mishandled by the developer, to the point>where we no longer have any trust in their ability to deliver I guess you should speak for yourself only, not for all. I see that only some (and always the same) people here have these problems. I am the satisfied CS customer and I'm not along.> Now, they claim to be responding to consumer demands>by inviting potential customers to set the price but that's a>fallacy, an illusion, another lie (select according to>personal emphasis). Probably you haven't noticed but it was a contest, not invitation to set price :) Had we had a chance to set a price we all would have voted $1 and then enjoyed it. Do you really think any commercial company is so stupid?>Just like it's increasingly likely they>will release a half-finished product on those customers then,>presuming their business model hasn't changed, threaten the>customer for daring to complain after they paid over-the-odds>for a bugged project.How do you know this?>The only solution is for CS to really listen to their>customers and actually deliver - support for previous>products, a free and frank open forum for the exchange of>information and a generous number of press copies of the>Hercules to trusted, independent reviewers BEFORE they release>it to the public. The solution is simple. Don't by the Herc till you have the reviews published! >But at the moment you're puting the cart before>the horse. Quite true, you said it yourself :)

>I bought the PMDG NG737 &>Flight1 ATR solely for the visual model and collection of>airline skins! I use simple freeware addon panels for both!>http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contri...y/corkysm20.gif>>Just gimme a nice lookin plane & wingviews and its all good!>that being the case can I have the panels? }(regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lds1.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256 :+

Regards,

Mark

Guest Kingair315

> With little doubt, a given product will sell more units as the price is lowered by a factor considered "meaningful" by the buying public.It does not even have to be lowered much, to be meaningful...My Uncle decades ago bought a mom and pop general store in ME.He had old fishing rod sets in the store, with a price of $2.99 on them. The wrappers were shopworn, and so dusty you could hardly see through them. He'd heard things sell better with a 7 in the price. He thought of raising it to 3.87 to see what would happen. While cleaning them up, he noticed the original price was $19.98 He thought, we all know that price is someone just trying to fool us into thinking it is cheaper than $20. He pulled the wrappers off, put a rubber band around the pieces, and put a sign up.... SPECIAL New Fishing rods, with free accessories... $17.00 It was the beginning of the season, they sold in a week.Ive priced things for years with a seven in them, and never had a problem selling them. On Ebay, I price all my paintings with a seven in them, and even without putting them on auctions, they sell. I just run one or two auctions a week, with a mention of all the things in My Store, that do not show in a search. The result has been an average of 5 sales from the store, for each auction that I have running. I price the item at the BEGINNING price it was in the store for, and sometimes get no bids it. Thats ok, because of the actual sales, and I wont sell paintings for less than what they are worth. Then, sometimes three months later, someone sees it in the store, and buys it at the listed price, so it sells anyway. On eBay, the market place is the entire world, sooner or later someone will see it.If addon sellers used this info, and set the price at $7, 17, 27, 37, they would sell a lot more, many might think they are then giving you a break. Something can be a bargain at $27, that you would not touch for $29.95 If they did like the electronics companies, which are actually similar, and the big stores... etc. When the Flight Sim comems out locally, it sells at the price MS sets as the price. Those who cant wait, run in and ###### it up the first day available. Then, a month or two later, the price may drop. Six months later, price drops again. In Electronics, the price it to recoup their research costs, etc. Later they drop the price themselves, two years later it may drop again, etc... If addons did the same, it would probably work the same. Get your costs up front, and when making a comfortable profit watch the sales. If sales taper off to a certain level, cut the price, and watch them increase. They could increase the life of a program, selling it to those who cant or wont pay the initial price. Especially with addon's even if they wont sell any longer via the stores, sell them direct. Let users finally download them at a price they can afford. Eventually every person who considers it of value at a price the seller can make even $1 profit from will buy it.IF it is value, others will talk about the bargain....Heck, I bought Bill Lyons WACO for $12.95... still using it, its a bargain. I'd have bought this one for $29 and thought it a bargain. NOW, anyone can get it as FREEWARE, even if you dont normally fly Biplanes, give it a try to see the quality in this package. Especially, if you like Floats... Now, others who pay the premium price, will not resent it when the price drops. They had months of use out of it, first. Those who love the aircraft, will be talking about it years later, look at me I WANT others to get it FREE!Keep the Shiny side up, unless doing airobatics!