Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

CTD with application start up

Hello back.

W10Pro, FSX-SE

Everything was working fine but now something have triggered issues. 

First of all Ezdok stopped working properly. Ezdok starts with FSX but cameras won't change and no dynamics effect (posted this issues in Ezdok forum as well). Second - Virtual CDU does not work anymore. When I start CDU interface (from virtually developer) it crashes FSX. So basically if I try to start any other applications when FSX is running it causes CTD. It was not like that before. Everything was working great. 

Few reports:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000361f9
Faulting process id: 0xbf4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d16550d8db1df4
Faulting application path: E:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: E:\FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX\ai_player.dll
Report Id: 57fd710e-55c3-4f7d-85a2-b79613b27976
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

The User Data Storage_4aab0 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  

The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Faulting application name: EZCA.exe, version: 1.1.8.7, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xf14d0000
Faulting process id: 0xcd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1654be9d5f8df
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 44cb0d01-e6ce-4a5e-bd3e-c586ded4c11f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

--
Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program EZdok camera for FSX Gold | FSX Steam | Prepar3d because of this error.

Program: EZdok camera for FSX Gold | FSX Steam | Prepar3d
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0
--

Installing printer driver Microsoft XPS Document Writer failed, error code 0x0, HRESULT 0x80070705. See the event user data for context information.

Even though Ezdok is shown in the report Ezdok does not crashes FSX, it just does not work well. As soon as I start another program most of the time it cause CTD. I deleted Ezdok completely but CTD did not go away.

Recent changes - Installl Aerosoft Oslo v 2.0, ASN SP4.1. WIndows 10 installed some updates. 

Thx for looking 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi Ed,

Sorry to hear you continue to have problems.  The ai_player.dll is connected to your default or commercial AI program.  If commercial, disable it in the scenery.cfg and see if this fixes the problem.  If so, then there is a problem with the AI program.  I recently had this error while flying from Palm Springs to LAX.  I had UTX 2.1 installed and discovered 4 or 5 entries in the scenery.cfg were not enabled.  I enabled them and so far the problem has not reoccurred.  One of the entries was "UT Exclusions for Default Scenery".  So maybe there was a conflict between the default scenery and UTX.  Impossible to know for sure but the problem is gone.  Many of the AFCAD's in MyTrafficX or 6 have static aircraft and maybe that caused a problem.  The ai_player.dll error sometimes just goes away too.  But, it is important to know if the error occurs in the same area (like in my experience).  That indicates there is something in that area and you will have to troubleshoot.  For instance, if it occurs constantly over a commercial airport, disable the airport and see if the problem goes away.  If there's a non-commercial airport below the area of your crash, get the name of the airport and disable it in MyTrafficX or 6 (I'm assuming you have MyTraffic).

It is impossible for me to tell what caused the EZDOK crash but the error mentions network server problems and I would assume you did not have the correct version of Simconnect installed or it was installed improperly.  Your system may still have remnants of EZDOK running and you should run a program like CCleaner to removed any unwanted system registry entries.  This is really required if you simply deleted EZDOK w/o using the uninstall program (if they have one). 

One thing you can do is to do a driver check.  You state you have Windows 10 and you should make sure all of your hardware drivers are up-to-date.  I use a freeware program called Driver Booster - http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php.  It is freeware even to download and install updated drivers but it has a lot of nags to try to get you to register the program.  I think everyone who installs Windows 8 or 10 should run a program to check for updated hardware drivers.  Windows does it occasionally but their updates are more tuned to Windows.

You should also scan your drive for corrupted system files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you for the reply. New built sustem, new issues :)

Can you please clarify this - "ai_player.dll is connected to your default or commercial AI program. If commercial, disable it in the scenery.cfg".

What is AI program? and how to find out it is it commercial?

How can I disable it in cfg?

I noticed W10 failed several updates. I will try that software you mentioned, maybe it will cure sime of problems.

As for simconnect. How can I determine if I have correcte simconnect installed? How to reinstall it? Usually simconnect come with an addon software.

During installation of Aerosoft Oslo I noticed that it wanted to install some FTX files, maybe it screwed up something as you noticed above.

Thank you Jim.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Can you please clarify this - "ai_player.dll is connected to your default or commercial AI program. If commercial, disable it in the scenery.cfg".  What is AI program? and how to find out it is it commercial?

That's a program like MyTrafficX.  It puts realistic aircraft at airports and the aircraft follow flight plans. Realistic aircraft = American Airlines, United, Delta, Lufthansa, etc.   The default does the same and follows flight plans.  So, if you did not purchase MyTrafficX or some other commercial program that enhances the default depiction of aircraft around your airport, then most likely you have the default program running.  This means you might have static aircraft located in the area of your aircraft.  Static aircraft are those that developers placed at airports to make their airport more realistic.  They do nothing more than that.  You can tell whether it is the default aircraft or commercial AI program by looking at the aircraft around your airport.  If you have American or United Airlines in or around your airport, it is most likely a commercial program.  If you have aircraft with names you have never heard of, then it is most likely the default as they use names like World Airlines.

"How can I disable it in cfg?"  MyTrafficX is enabled/disabled in the Scenery Library or Scenery.cfg.

As for simconnect. How can I determine if I have correcte simconnect installed? How to reinstall it? Usually simconnect come with an addon software.

You cannot.  You are correct in stating simconnect comes with an addon software.  Sometimes the software installs it properly, sometimes not.  If you did not disable UserAccessControls (UAC) or your anti-virus program during installation, one of those programs probably stopped proper installation of your addons as UAC and any anti-virus program is there to protect you from evil people around the world and they will not allow you to install the product properly.  This is why most experts recommend you disable UAC and any anti-virus program before you install FSX-SE or any addon.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK Jim.

I saw during installation my AV was generating message by message stating it was untrusted software and was opening sub-window and installation was like interrupted and then it was like installing again thru the AV filter or something.  Feels like there is no cure here, maybe I will start over and re-reinstall everything back again without AV and UAC.

Thank you