Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds?

Hey folks. Some time ago I bought Texture Direct and Soft Clouds as seperate downloads. Recently I bought an upgrade and got them merged together. However, I'm not quite sure Soft Clouds is working properly. The clouds doesnt look very realistic to me. They are a bit "pop-corny" if you know what I mean. Cloud layers concist of several popcorns that make up the larger cloud layer, and it is very un-natural looking to me. Using Texture Direct I have only set the clouds to 512 resolution on dtx5. Increasing these variables I havent really seen any difference in cloud realism, however. To be honest I'm not quite sure how Soft Clouds is supposed to work, and how I will notice the difference. I just know that back in fsx it seemed to have a clearer impact on cloud structure and realism.

I'd appreciate any input on this from someone with knowledge on how this works :)

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Popcorn clouds seems to be a general problem that hasn't been addressed - maybe it's not seen as a problem?

I see the same often with REX4 with Soft Clouds and ASN.

I feld exactly the same during a quite long period. Wasn't that much impress with REX4 TD + Soft Clouds. But watching other screen/video shots, I believed that my settings were wrong or something.

By chance, changing almost randomly on sets within REX4 TD (Soft Clouds embedded), I finally "see the difference" and feel now that my clouds textures choice are "right" (at least for my taste) :

25076193451_5544070345_b_d.jpg

24107384263_68883b775c_b_d.jpg

24097082113_fed7190e35_b_d.jpg

25174888072_3718592597_o_d.png

More info on my cloud choice on REX4 TD+Soft Clouds can be found on this topic : http://20-100-video.blogspot.fr/2016/02/prepar3d-v31-clouds-rex-4-texture.html