Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Consideration for 1440 Monitor - Fundamental Question

Yes, by 2040 I meant the texture resolution in P3D. I don't use DSR, but I run 4xSGSAA with 1080p and I have stable 30FPS practically everywhere even in FSDT KJFK and KLAX with 100% AI

You can run 1024 textures in p3d on a 1440p monitor and they will still look good.

I run 1024 on a 4K TV.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

To be clear in-game texture resolution has nothing to do with the monitor resolution. It will look the same regardless if you run the game at 1080p, 1440p or 4K. I got a 1440p 27" 144hz monitor and I love it. Right now 1440p is considered the sweetspot for gaming.

You can run 1024 textures in p3d on a 1440p monitor and they will still look good.

I run 1024 on a 4K TV.

gb.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to clarify

To be clear in-game texture resolution has nothing to do with the monitor resolution. It will look the same regardless if you run the game at 1080p, 1440p or 4K. I got a 1440p 27" 144hz monitor and I love it. Right now 1440p is considered the sweetspot for gaming.

What P3D in-game texture resolution do you run?

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to clarify

What P3D in-game texture resolution do you run?

I usually run at 1024 because I only got 2gb of vram. I want faster texture loading time.

Got this one on Saturday

http://www.microcenter.com/product/403608/PB278Q_27_WQHD_LED_Monitor.

Connected with HDMI instead of DVI, set native 2560x1440 resolution in the P3D and...wow. Yes, huge increase in quality and sharpness of the objects.

Two negative effects though.

1. Seems like 4xSGSAA i set at NVI has more FPS decreasing effect with the new monitor. My 980Ti used to work well with 4xSGSAA with 1080p monitor. 1440p seems quite an overkill.

2. I appears that VAS usage increased at average by 150-200Mb.

Will be digging further. 

1. Seems like 4xSGSAA i set at NVI has more FPS decreasing effect with the new monitor.

What does 2xSGSSAA + 2MSAA look like?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

What does 2xSGSSAA + 2MSAA look like?

gb.

Will be testing different combinations extensively over the week. P3Dv3.2 also adding some chaos...

Also, I'm just wondering whether cable connection (DVI vs. HDMI) matters.

Also, I'm just wondering whether cable connection (DVI vs. HDMI) matters.

Not for video but can the integrated speakers use the HDMI audio?

gb.

gb.

For 4K and 60 Hz you will need Displayport 1.2.

HDMI and DVI do not have the bandwith neccessary.

Otherwise the connection between the monitor and the graphics card should not matter.

gb.

Haven't been used speakers for years. Headsets only, so I guess in my case there is no difference between HDMI and DVI

Also, I did some random tests yesterday and found out that 2xMSAA instead of 4x put less stress on the system (with 4xSGSAA still enanbled in NI) and save a lot of FPS in the dense clouds with overall picture quality remained the same. It came out as some kind of a revelation to me even though it totally contradicts to SteveW suggestion to use the same values for both MSAA in P3D and SGSAA in NI

But perhaps it should go into different topic