Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Trick to get reasonable amount of traffic with UT2 ?

Hi Folks,

Is there a trick to get a reasonable amount of traffic with UT2 ? I've been through the UT2 interface and set both GA and Commercial to 100%... I've configured P3D for 100%... All the airports I've checked and I've checked many are all sparsely populated with AI Traffic... Thinking that maybe the default UT2 schedule wasn't up to snuff - I purchased the most recently available updates and there is no change... I've tried pushing the ctrl-shift-f12 key a bunch - notta... I'm thinking maybe the parking codes aren't matching at airports - but - when I select the choice in the UT2 interface - it crashes... I've removed and reinstalled UT2 several times...

If I go to FlyTampa's KBUF I've never seen more than four planes... If I go to LVFR KSAN I may see eight planes... Similar results everywhere I looked with hardly any diversity... SWA seems to fair slightly better than others as there have been occasions where they have multiple planes - still not many - but any other airline usually has one of at all...

Really not what I was expecting... Anyone else fairing better with UT2 in P3D ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Make sure you have the newest schedule. It's free now. There was a bug early on that would only populate planes that were active. That means very few planes at the gates idle. The later schedules changed this somehow. 

I use UT2 and always have full gates at big airports and realistic levels at smaller airports (a commuter flight or two on the ground, which is completely realistic at most regional airports). 

With GA, they have a special schedule at well that makes them much more plentiful. Search their support forums. 

In order to get full benefit of UT2, you really need to spend quite a bit of time and effort adding more planes.  Here's what KLAX looks like for my set up.

http://imgur.com/a/2agKs

Hi Bonchie,

It's free ? Huh - I just bought the latest one from Flight1 for $7.00 over the weekend... Is there a newer one somewhere else ?

My GA seems to fair better than my Commercial schedule - they seem reasonably populated and far more plentiful... I see that they use two different schedules to implement them - the GA is on a Daily schedule - while the Commercial is on a Weekly schedule...

I bought UT2 just a few weeks ago - so I'm assuming F1 would have the latest version of the product since development was stopped years ago...

KTPA has about (8) planes as well... When I print a schedule via the UT2 - KTPA should have tons of airlines that never appear...

Strange...

I've built flight plans for years in AIFP for FS9 - kinda know my way around - not sure how UT2 does it though...

Thanks for responding...

Regards,
Scott

Make sure you have the newest schedule. It's free now.

Where can I get them from ? i searched the support forum but found nothing.